Did you mean: 

Motherboard bricked after crash

3 REPLIES 3
LinDao
Beginner
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Motherboard bricked after crash

I tried to update my Medion P2A4-EM motherboard to the newest bios (P2A4W0X.206) and my bios crashed while it was updating. Now my PC won't boot at all, not even into the bios. USB-Sticks and my keyboard don't seem to have any power as well. CPU Fan is turning on. 

I've tried resetting the CSOM with the jumper and the by removing the battery. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find a manual for the board so I'm not sure if I did it right. Is there any flashback utility for that mainboard? Because I haven't been able to find one.

PC is the Erazer X7746 D/C549. 

MSN: 10021886

MED S/N: 1C549010020082

Anyone have some ideas? Help would be greatly appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
RAZZ
Explorer
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Dear @LinDao 

have you managed to resolve your issue, updating the BIOS is not really recommended unless the unit advises to or certain hardware components have been changed and it requires this. What was the reason for the Bios update out of interest?

Medion disclaimer: Please be aware, that for any errors, caused by the execution of updates, Medion do not accept any responsibility for damage or lost of data. 

thanks' 

LinDao
Beginner
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

My PC had been randomly freezing for quite some time and everything else (temps, ram test etc) was okay.

I thought a bios update wouldn't hurt but updating your bios in Windows 10 when you're getting random freezes is not the brightest idea of course.

I had to reflash the bios chip with a Ch341a programmer using the P2A4W0X.206 binary file which sent me down a rabbit hole of researching how to do all that which was actually very fun.

Funnily enough the bios update actually fixed the random freezes so I wasn't on the wrong track.

RAZZ
Explorer
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

hi @LinDao 

that's great to hear, 

so you issue is solved.

Thanks 

3 REPLIES 3