Medion beast x40 loud fans and audio glitches

3 REPLIES 3
Bowdon
Trainee
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Medion beast x40 loud fans and audio glitches

Hi,

I recently bought the eraser beast x40 4090 gpu version. I've only used the laptop 5 times because of ill health. I've spent those times setting the laptop up.

All was going well until I installed some games. 2 issues appeared.

1. When the laptop changes to the 4090 gpu the fans seem to gradually get to 100% and become very load.

2. There is an audio glitch that freezes the sound intermittently. This only happens when the system uses the gpu 4090. When it's using the on-board graphics this audio glitching doesn't happen.

I checked the bios and the ec version;

Bios version N.1.20MED07

EC version 1.08.00.00

I've read on the forum that there are more recent versions of both of these. Can someone point me in the direction to get the file, and also give me an idea of how I update the bios? I couldn't see the option in the UEFI.

Thanks for any help.

3 REPLIES 3
Bowdon
Trainee
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

I forgot to add these are the details of the laptop.

MSN 30035227

MD 62507

Can anyone help?

Major_ToM
Professor
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Hi @Bowdon ,

we already had a request an an appropriate answer in the german forum, where I linkeds a new Bios version.

The package also contains release notes and of course we expressly point out that the execution of the update is at your own risk.
Medion AG accepts no liability whatsoever for any loss of data or hardware or software errors that occur as a result of carrying out the update. The customer acknowledges this when executing the update.

Cheers

Major ToM

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
Bowdon
Trainee
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Hi,

I've decided to go back to the retailer I bought it from because the laptop as sold isn't fit for purpose, as it is described.

*I* shouldn't have to flash the bios to make it work as it was advertised.

The disclaimer that you don't accept any liability if a customer tries to correct a faulty laptop is a red flag. Usually when people flash a bios it is to add new features ie, it shouldn't be necessary hence the understandable disclaimer. But in this case it is currently a faulty semi functional laptop.

I'm not risking voiding the warranty and losing £2999.99 if I make a mistake.

I'm hoping that they will flash the bios for me.

3 REPLIES 3