Medion Erazer X87102 disassembly cabinet for upgrades

4 REPLIES 4
Klonen
Newcomer
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Medion Erazer X87102 disassembly cabinet for upgrades

(MSN): 10023883

I want to put in a water cooler for the CPU, but how do I unmount the top of the cabinet??

4 REPLIES 4
Gehringer
Retired
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Hi @Klonen ,

depending on the model, you should either disassemble everything, starting from the bottom, to reach the top cover or you may be able to find screws underneath the keyboard to disassemble the top cover.

Unfortunately we can't recommend nor provide you the plan for doing it yourself due to safety reasons but some users have already shared some information on this forum. Check this thread here for example.

Regards,
Gehringer 

ludvigpujsek
New Voice
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

As a customer with the exact same issue:
@Gehringer we are talking about a PC (desktop computer), not a laptop. It doesn't seem as if it's possible to remove the top cover in any sensible way in order to mount a fan. Could you please look a bit deeper into this?

Edit (24.03): I have figured out how to remove the front panel, and it seems that the top panel needs to slide forward in order to come off, but is unable to do so due to the USB-ports section in front of the machine. I would also like to add, that it doesn't seem like there's space on top for either a fan or water cooling (even though it's quite clear that it's a fan mounting-point) 😕

Regards

Ludvig

Gehringer
Retired
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Hi @ludvigpujsek ,

I am sorry for my misunderstanding of the model you had.

The recommendation is still the same though: unfortunately there are some health and safety risks that prevent us from providing instructions on how to disassemble machines. We recommend any repair to be performed by qualified professionals.

Regards,

Gehringer

ludvigpujsek
New Voice
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

OK, I understand

Thanks for the help @Gehringer

4 REPLIES 4