cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medion Erazer Beast X25 - After 165watt bios update i cant get control center installed and working

SOLVED
6 REPLIES 6
Dramacydril
Trainee
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Medion Erazer Beast X25 - After 165watt bios update i cant get control center installed and working

hi to all,

I just bought a couple of months old medion erazer x25 beast from a person. When i bought it, he put a clean windows 11 on it.

Yesterday i followed the 165watt tdp steps on the german forum and that worked okay. In nvidia control panel it shows 165watt. In bios the version number is N.1.231MED52 (18-02-2022 date).

MD: 30031487
RTX3080 16gb

Now the problem is i cant get control center to start. One of the steps of the 165w tdp flash was to remove control center. I removed it trough various ways (revo uninstaller) and reinstalled it, both the version that was mentioned in the steps and the newest version for the x25 i have. It installs fine but it wont start nor can i find its icon when i search for control center. In the programfiles folder i cant find the right executable (oem folder). FN + |Esc doesnt work. What does work when i finish installing it is the keyboard. that lights up in colours. so something happens.

I wanted to restore windows back to the recovery image of medion so i have a working control center. 2n problem is that the person was very smart to delete all the files in the recovery partition so cyberlink powerrecover cant find a recovery image. Can this image be recovered some way trough a downloadlink or something? because else i could have a problem in the future with no available drivers/software?

Thanks in advance for the help

How can i fix this so i have a working control center?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Major_ToM
Professor
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

Hi @Dramacydril ,

thanks for the good news about reinstalling you "Beast".

@Dramacydril  schrieb:

Hi Major Tom

CC now shows VERSION 3.33.27.0. I hope that is the correct latest version Major Tom?

Absolutely and despite the Bios, which you already installed successfully you don´t need to install more updates. As you wrote it, system´s running with 150TGP +15 , Conrol Center is working, so In would call it "mission accomplished"

If everything´s in fine shape again, that you can feel free to mark the helping post as solution. The Community´s here for any further question.

Major_ToM_0-1652439328452.png

Cheers

Major ToM

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Dramacydril
Trainee
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

ps

when installing control center UWP setup file i get a ERROR 0xc1570118 error, installation failed with errorlevel -10512626796!

daddle
Superuser
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

@Dramacydril 

Hi, did you read this FAQ about your theme? This FAQ also give answer how to proceed if the ControlCenter does not work anymore.

bye, daddle

Dramacydril
Trainee
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

thanks for your message, yes i read the faq about missing options in the control center. It says i need to download the newest version of control center. i did that and still nothing. it installs fine, keyboard lights up with colors but i cant start control center nor did it create a shortcut when i search for "control center'. i cant access the software thats the problem 😞

Major_ToM
Professor
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

Hi @Dramacydril ,

first of all I´d suggest to continue this discussion within the english section, which should be more suiteablke for you.
One thing that I´m not sure about is, if you downloaded and installed both Control Center item (CC UWP and CC Service) which arew listed underneath at the MEDION download portal?

Major_ToM_0-1652422181338.png

Recovery files: For sure we could launch a service process which installs the original Recovery files of your MEDION ERAZER Beast X25 in our service center but due to the fact, that this won´t be free oif costs, I´d better pull the option to run an easy clean install using an USB stick and the MS Media Creation Tool instead.

I´ll comment the german discussion appropriately, link to this thread and close the german one afterwards.

Cheers

Major ToM

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
Dramacydril
Trainee
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

Hi Major Tom

Thanks for your reply. I have some good news for myself and maybe for others.

I renewed windows 11 with the win11 builtin renew option. Now i luckily have another fresh clean version of win11 WITH the old (factory version?) of Control System.

To bad that the 165w option wasnt showing in the control system. So i was afraid to remove the software again and reinstall because i could maybe start all over again. I thought maybe its best to stay at the 125w CC old version, you can game at least lol.

Still i took the risk and uninstalled CC, restarted, Install the DMI patch, and installed the newest CC version. BAM! it worked, 150w with 15w boost. Im very happy about it).I will make a complete backup of this state so i can always restore to this current state of win11 (acronis). Also i will make the media creation usb stick. thanks

CC now shows VERSION 3.33.27.0. I hope that is the correct latest version Major Tom?

@Major_ToMCan i now safely install the other setup file that is available for my laptop x25 beast rtx3080? Its called Control Center UWP App Medion Erazer Beast X25, 3.33.24.0 or should i skip that file?
Apps & features it shows CONTROL CENTER 3.33.27.0  and CONTROL CENTER SERVICE 3.33.31.0

UPDATE: i just tried to install the UWP Software 3.33.24.0 UWP-Install2.18.bat, it give me some error in red

Dism /online /Add-ProvisionedAppxPackage /PackagePath:"0a090a0ba0e04ee8b0380e4f5e375619.msixbundle" /LicensePath:"0a090a0ba0e04ee8b0380e4f5e375619_License1.xml" /DependencyPackagePath:"Microsoft.NET.Native.Framework.2.2_2.2.29512.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe.appx" /DependencyPackagePath:"Microsoft.NET.Native.Framework.2.2_2.2.29512.0_x86__8wekyb3d8bbwe.appx" /DependencyPackagePath:"Microsoft.NET.Native.Runtime.2.2_2.2.28604.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe.appx" /DependencyPackagePath:"Microsoft.NET.Native.Runtime.2.2_2.2.28604.0_x86__8wekyb3d8bbwe.appx" /DependencyPackagePath:"Microsoft.VCLibs.140.00_14.0.30704.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe.appx" /DependencyPackagePath:"Microsoft.VCLibs.140.00_14.0.30704.0_x86__8wekyb3d8bbwe.appx" /Region="All"

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
Version: 10.0.22000.653

Image Version: 10.0.22000.675

Error: 0xc1570118

Unspecified error

The DISM log file can be found at C:\WINDOWS\Logs\DISM\dism.log
Installation FAILED with ErrorLevel -1051262696!

1 installation failed!

I appreciate your time and effort

Major_ToM
Professor
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

Hi @Dramacydril ,

thanks for the good news about reinstalling you "Beast".

@Dramacydril  schrieb:

Hi Major Tom

Absolutely and despite the Bios, which you already installed successfully you don´t need to install more updates. As you wrote it, system´s running with 150TGP +15 , Conrol Center is working, so In would call it "mission accomplished"

If everything´s in fine shape again, that you can feel free to mark the helping post as solution. The Community´s here for any further question.

Major_ToM_0-1652439328452.png

Cheers

Major ToM

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.

6 REPLIES 6