cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is upping the TDP on Medion b560h6-em Mother Board safe?

1 REPLY 1
NexxOne_
New Voice
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Is upping the TDP on Medion b560h6-em Mother Board safe?

Hi all,

So, I currently have an i7 11700 (with a TDP set to 65w built into the Erazer X10 desktop. I was thinking of buying a aftermarktet cooler and set the TDP to 125w, which is what the i7-11700K is set to, with the app ThrottleStop (since I can't change it in the BIOS) to make it reach it's max boost frequency while gaming. Right now it only hits around 3.7ghz, while on all cores it should be able to run 4.4ghz (from what I've seen) and thus is throttling I assume. However, I'm very new to fooling around with TDP's and that kind of stuff, and I'm scared I'll mess up my PC while doing this. I heard that some motherboards have bad cooling, and can't handle upping the TDP too much. I have a Medion ECS B560H6-EM motherboard. Is there anyone who could help me out and maybe tell me whether this is a stupid idea, or if it's okay?

Thanks in advance for your time!

Kind regards

1 REPLY 1
EastClintwood
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Hello @NexxOne_, and welcome to the community.

Higher temperatures will occur and the airflow of your cooling system will become more important.
I cannot give a precise recommendation on your exact equipment.

To be sure, I would compare the corresponding temperatures at your maximum load before and after the exchange.

Greetings,
EastClintwood

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
1 REPLY 1