cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horrible fan noise from new MEDION ERAZER ENGINEER P10 MD35007 (with 3060ti)

24 REPLIES 24
Noel
New Voice
Message 1 of 25
Message 1 of 25

Horrible fan noise from new MEDION ERAZER ENGINEER P10 MD35007 (with 3060ti)

Hello,

I've recently purchased a gaming desktop from Medion (ERAZER ENGINEER P10 MD35007). There is some unbearable loud and noise (although it sounds functional) coming from the back of it when the GPU is under load. I can't determine for sure if it comes from the Power Supply or from the Fan(with blue led) just underneath it. So far I'd say 60% chance from the power supply.

I reduced the fans(with blue leds) rotation to 600-700 rpm wih the help of Bios modifications and a software but it doesn't fix the issue at all.

i really don't want to send the tower back since I like the components and design and I don't want to wait 3 weeks for a refund (just sent back another desktop last month because the GPU didn't matched the description).

So what are my options and what could Medion do to help ?

Should I change the fans and if it doesn't solve the issue, change the power supply ?

What do you think ?

24 REPLIES 24
MrErnest
Apprentice
Message 11 of 25
Message 11 of 25

I problems with heat in my computer. But for now, it seems to bee under controll. Changed the fans with Noktua ones. Since I did not like the bright blue light. GPU temp is a bit high, but stay at 80 degrees while playing games so I guess its normal. Seems like changing the fans had no effect. And also moving one of the fans to the bottom of the cabinett (where the dust filter is) also had no effect. But like you say, as long as it works leave it alone.....

Shal3R
Apprentice
Message 12 of 25
Message 12 of 25

Hi.

I have same problem with my x10.

It's the PSU Fan that makes that terrable noise when it's under load. 

Im planing to buy new motherboard new ram sticks and new PSU cuz these things in erazer enginer models really sucks. and should be repleaced to better ones.

Manu445
Newcomer
Message 13 of 25
Message 13 of 25

did you pc do this  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdG7vVbeKo8 is the gpu 

Shal3R
Apprentice
Message 14 of 25
Message 14 of 25

Hi.

No. Cuz sound was from PSU till one day PC died. So i bring it to warranty and after fix they replaced Processor. Motherboard and SSD. So i think that faiuty Motherboard was trying to get out more than PSU can handle when it was under the load.

Now everything is greate.

UmamiBanani
New Voice
Message 15 of 25
Message 15 of 25

I got a good deal on a EVGA SuperNova PSU. The awful noise went away and all seems good afterwards. The GPU from Zotac seems to be notorius for being loud though. 

grejon
Trainee
Message 16 of 25
Message 16 of 25

I have the same issue, it's an annoying sound but I guess I can accept it for now.

Shal3R
Apprentice
Message 17 of 25
Message 17 of 25

If you have warranty then just return it. It should not sound lika a jet engine.

MrErnest
Apprentice
Message 18 of 25
Message 18 of 25

What did the temperature on the GPU run at? And was it enough cooling to have the original fans in the computer housing? For cooling? Did you have any temperature problems?

grejon
Trainee
Message 19 of 25
Message 19 of 25

Has anybody else ever tried swapping out only the PSU to see if it alleviates the problem or would the motherboard have anything to do with this problem and need to be swapped also?

Shal3R
Apprentice
Message 20 of 25
Message 20 of 25

I waited till my PC died. Ehen i got it back from warranty. They repleaced Motherboard, SSD and CPU. After that PSU started to work normal. Im guessing it's motherboard pushes PSU to work at maximum or more.

24 REPLIES 24