Did you mean: 

GPU very slow for Erazer beast x25 md62182 laptop MSN:30031235

1 REPLY 1
degekeman
New Voice
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

GPU very slow for Erazer beast x25 md62182 laptop MSN:30031235

Hello, recently, and very occasionally in the past, my gpu (rtx 3070) has been very slow, I found this to be due to the core clock being stuck at 210MHz.
I have tried everything I could think of in terms of power settings and reinstalling medion control software but to no avail. Please help 😞

Specific laptop in title. Medion control software: most recent as from the medion service page.

Edit:
What I've since tried: completely wiping drivers with DDU, no progress; check MSI afterburner (previously uninstalled), could not detect any voltage. Geforce overlay said that the GPU was pulling 750W, which is beyond impossible, as the power brick has a max of 230W and the TDP of the GPU is around 130W...

Could this be bios related as that is the only thing left I can think of. If so, can anyone tell me how to flash the BIOS? I can not find the BIOS online anywhere...

Edit2: after moving to a different location and using a different power cable towards the (same) power adapter it magically works. Therefore it could be due to the cable, which is quite weird to me. Also tried triggering the gpu over clock recovery setting in BIOS which at first didn’t do anything however might have influenced the result later as there was only a two hour difference between the bad and good clock rate.

1 REPLY 1
Major_ToM
Professor
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Hi degekeman,

very nice to hear, that things worked positively

Cheers

Major ToM

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
1 REPLY 1