Did you mean: 

Erazer x6823 charging issues.

3 REPLIES 3
UKTrev21
Beginner
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Erazer x6823 charging issues.

Hello if I plug the power lead in my laptop the the battery light on my laptop just continually flashes Amber. The battery always remains at 0%. The laptop stays on for approximately 3 or 4 minutes then just turns off (all lights etc just turn off as if the powers cut out). If I immediately turn it on again it'll just do the same thing again for 3 or 4 minutes.

3 REPLIES 3
Gehringer
Retired
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Hi @UKTrev21 and welcome to the FORUM!

It may be an issue with the recharger.

Do you have another one to try and see if it works?

Regards,

Gehringer

UKTrev21
Beginner
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

@Gehringer  Thank you for the response. Unfortunately I don't and its £45 for a new one! I'm trying to determine if it is the charger, the battery or the motherboard. I've checked the motherboard and there's doesn't appear to be any marking on it anywhere so I don't think anythings arced on the motherboard. When I've looked at the medion parts centre it's showing the charger is no longer available! 

Gehringer
Retired
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Hi @UKTrev21 ,

the NBs can work normally while connected to the charger even if the battery is defective/dead.

Since your NB is switching itself off automatically even while connected to the charger I believe it may not be the battery.

If the recharger is not available at the service shop webpage you can try an universal one.

To be on the safe side, always buy products from  resellers that accept return/refund in case the new charger does not solve the issue.

If that is the case, I would investigate further whether or not it is a MB issue.

Regards,

Gehringer

3 REPLIES 3