Did you mean: 

Erazer x15801 Thermal Paste swap

1 REPLY 1
Murtagh00
Newcomer
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Erazer x15801 Thermal Paste swap

I bought the laptop about 7 months ago and i recently noticed that temperatures are some degrees higher than the previous months with the same graphics and all, and the fans are activated pretty much all the time. Temperatures are constant in gaming and not over 75ºCelsius, but at stanby they are 50ºC eon both GPU and CPU, and using google chrome only they go to 60º Celsius, so im planning on opening it up and cleaning the fans and replacing thermal paste.

My question is whether the warranty is voided or not if i do it , because i already just openned the back cover and saw that there is like kind of a sticker attached to the fan with a stripped line that it can be cut.

If i cut it, will i still have the warranty?

And the second question is, does the vram and the chips have thermal pads or thermal grease? If they are thermal pads, which thickness is the right one?

The msn is 30029446.

1 REPLY 1
sweetpoison
Mentor
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Hi @Murtagh00 , welcome to the community

To begin with, I can't provide any information about the warranty because of no affiliation with Medion (I'm just a regular customer).

Since you already open the case you can check how much access do you have to the radiator's heat sink and to the fan in order to so some cleaning because I believe that is what made a slight temperature increase. For cleaning as air compressed spray would do as long as you can prevent the fan to spin when blowing air.

About the thermal paste/pads the 7 months use does not justify the replacement unless you have some "easy to read" signs like starting stuttering in apps which where not doing that before (including windows post loading when you the mouse is "jumping" instead of smooth movement) and increased the overall temperature with occasional trigger of overheat protection.

From my experience a thermal paste should hold at least 18 months while a thermal pads will do for much much longer.

Related to your case, make sure you get rid of windows ballast (temp files, old updates, old windows versions) and a radiator and/or fan cleaning would do the trick.

Regarding the pads thickness and warranty info let's wait for technical information.

Cheers

1 REPLY 1