SOLVED
2 REPLIES 2
Sourced
Newcomer
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Erazer X7853 Headphone problems

Hello,

I've had no end of problems with headphones on this laptop. I just bought the Razer Kraken X, plugged it into the mic and headphone port but nothing works. The headphones don't register as a headphone device in the playback options, it doesn't even come up at all. Neither does the mic. When I plug the mic into the jack the box comes up to confirm I plugged in a mic but it doesn't work. When I plug into the headphone jack (which has a red light coming out of it), it doesn't register at all.

Please help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Gehringer
Retired
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Hi @Sourced and welcome to the forum!

Does another headphone work with your unit?

If so, then you may start considering an issue with your new headset.

If not, then it is probably an issue with your unit.

In this case, please start by checking if your audio and headphone drivers are updated and if you have the latest windows update version installed.

Regards,

Gehringer

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Gehringer
Retired
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Hi @Sourced and welcome to the forum!

Does another headphone work with your unit?

If so, then you may start considering an issue with your new headset.

If not, then it is probably an issue with your unit.

In this case, please start by checking if your audio and headphone drivers are updated and if you have the latest windows update version installed.

Regards,

Gehringer

Sourced
Newcomer
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Hello @Gehringer and thanks for your reply.

I was previously using Bluetooth headphones and they worked fine after a bit of tinkering. I tried these new headphones out on my phone and they work.

I'm not sure why now, but i plugged them back into the line out socket and they're working. I do think the headphone jack is busted as nothing is recognised when I plug it in, but it works on the line-out port. Weird but it's a workaround for now I suppose.

Thanks for the help!

2 REPLIES 2