cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Erazer P15805 notebook been performing unexpectedly since day 1.

5 REPLIES 5
Vends
Apprentice
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Erazer P15805 notebook been performing unexpectedly since day 1.

I got my medion erazer laptop 2 years ago now, and since then I’ve been struggling to find an issue to this constant problem. I’ve learned to just manage with what I have and experiencing terrible FPS in games still. knowing I am not getting what I payed for. But, I feel like now after 2 years I’m closer to a solution than ever.

the MSN Is 30027139.

my main problem is basically all games ive tried - fortnite, rust, cs:go, rainbow six siege, battlefront V and even roblox and mine craft are performing very poorly with frame drops and stutters, especially on fortnite and mine craft. My brother with a laptop of worse specs (he had a 1050 and worse i5) was achieving better performance, and he payed mush less.

After extensive research over the past 2 years, I think that the main 2 problems could be:

1.  Since this system is single channel RAM ( single stick of 8gb). That may be the problem. I don’t know much about pcs but I found out that buying a second stick of ram has increased performance for some, but I’m not sure if this is the case with mine - especially as I don’t want to have to go through all the hassle and spending even more money just for this fix to not even make a difference and get my laptop how I want it to perform.

2. I’m not entirely sure about this one, but I discovered my laptop may be heat throttling, and this may be limiting my performance. I’ve never really checked to see properly, but I have noticed my fans do run very loudly and my pc gets quite hot sometimes.

I really hope I can find a fix once and for all, so I can finally enjoy my games in peace knowing I got what I payed for - any help is appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
EastClintwood
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Hello @Vends, and welcome to the community.

Have you noticed anything unusual in the task manager (for example, the graphics card is not recognised correctly or 100% processor load when playing Minecraft)?

What is the temperature of the CPU (can be displayed in the bios)?

Is there any software that puts your laptop into an economy mode (for example Control Center)?

Greetings,
EastClintwood

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
Vends
Apprentice
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Hello, and thanks for response. I don’t think I’ve seen anything unusual, but I did notice that I’m basically all games my GPU is being under-utilised. Also, how exactly can I check the temperature of my cpu and cpu load?

EastClintwood
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

Hello @Vends,

CPU and GPU load can be displayed in the task manager and temperatures can be displayed in the BIOS.

Here is a guide :

3 Ways to Monitor CPU Temperature - wikiHow

Greetings,

EastClintwood

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
Vends
Apprentice
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

Hello.
So, I have done some testing, and the results were as expected but also quite interesting.

userbenchmark results - https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/57178917
3D mark results - https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/84404908 (achieved a score of 4162, while other notebooks with same specs achieve score of 5348 on this benchmark), very disappointing.

but, I’m still kind of confused - using intel xtu, task manage and msi afterbooster, it is showing that sometimes the problem is thermal throttling, and then sometimes the problem is power limit throttling?

for example, when I'm in rocket league (as seen in position) i achieve around 160 FPS, with cpu temps averaging 95. In this case, it's thermal throttling.

Rocket league throttling -  https://imgbb.com/LJtGfYJ

But then, when I tried on GTA V it's a mixture of both - sometimes it throttles and sometimes it's power limit throttling, but mainly power limit. I tried low and ultra settings, no difference in FPS

gta power limit and heat throttling -  https://imgbb.com/K9jyzQr

I then also tested hitman 2. I also had high temps here, similar to rocket league. Low and ultra settings had little to no difference in FPS.

hitman 2 throttling -  https://imgbb.com/W5j3LH5

Weather it was thermal throttling or power throttling, it is clear my cpu is probably not running as it was supposed to be - and I was not getting the frames I should be getting for my spec, as showin in the game tests and 2 benchmarks. When I checked task manager, the cpu was above base clock most of the time and was around 3.70ghz.

I tried a lot of things to fix it -
I tried increasing ventilation by lifting the laptop above the table a bit. I reinstalled the control center. I tried changing windows xtu settings, set fan speeds to 100% all the time, and much more setting changes. Nothing worked.
Only thing I noticed made a difference was using throttle stop. I tried 3 different configurations I found online, and they did a decent job at bringing the CPU temps down, but made literally 0 difference to the FPS and performance.
Im going to try resetting windows again - but I do it it would fix it, as I’ve done it twice before already. What should I try next?

EastClintwood
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

Hi @Vends,

Please return the notebook to the factory settings and make sure that all ventilation slots are free. If the temperature does not decrease, please contact our support.

Best regards,

EastClintwood

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.

5 REPLIES 5