Did you mean: 

Erazer P15805 not performing to expectations

3 REPLIES 3
Vends
Apprentice
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Erazer P15805 not performing to expectations

My new laptop, which I bought a week ago is not working as it should. I don't know why, but this laptop is not as good for gaming as I thought it would be. It is running fortnite (low settings) at only 90 fps in game, which is really bad for a 1660 ti. I also tested other games, getting the same results. I don't know why this is happening as the laptop is new, and I did not do anything to the device.

Is this just how my laptop is supposed to be, or is it a problem? Please help me fix this. Thanks.

Specs:

gtx 1660 ti

Core i5 8300H

8gb ram

256 gb SSD

1tb HDD

3 REPLIES 3
sweetpoison
Mentor
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Welcome to the forum,

Here comes a few questions and a few points (can't call them problems) which might cause "not as expected" performances.

Have you tested different games or perhaps a system benchmark? Pass Mark is good enough (trial version) and you can compare the result of benchmark with CPU Table and GPU table

What might cause the slow down:

windows 10 - if an update is available to download or ready to install the computer slows down a lot (thanks to microsoft for that rubbish behavior)

resource eating antivirus 

The mechanical HDD could be another slow down factor. Try to copy the game on C:\ for testing purpose and run it from there see if there are any improvements.

Note: when CPU pass 85 Celsius the speed is going down in order to prevent overheating

Other than that, I think the CPU is a bit weak compared to GPU and the HDD is best to be replaced with an SSD

Anyway, see what the Passmak have to say when it comes about CPU and GPU to see if your machine perform as it should.

You might check Game Debate for additional info regarding your machine and the game,

Cheers

Vends
Apprentice
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for trying to help. I have already updated my laptop, and tried the other solutions you recommended, no difference.

I tried out the benchmark, and did not get good results.

ttps://gyazo.com/01c12f63f47c53890acdaa5621b18150

Game debate would've been useful, but you need premium for all the main features, making it useless for my problem.

sweetpoison
Mentor
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

That is low indeed. From here please post the MSN for your laptop  (MSN number of your machine can be found printed on a label underneath it) and let's hope some one from technical support will reply with more information and/or advice.

You might try to run CPU benchmark just to see if that one works as intended because at this point I tend to blame the operating system.

Cheers.

3 REPLIES 3