Erazer Deputy P25 NH55 - DC Jack PCB

10 REPLIES 10
notsogood
New Voice
Message 1 of 11
Message 1 of 11

Erazer Deputy P25 NH55 - DC Jack PCB

Hello,

The charging port on a Erazer Deputy P25 NH55 is damaged.

The small printed circuit board is separate from the main board, can anyone tell me where to buy a replacement?

2C5F9E32-4105-48F6-BBB4-036589FB3D01.jpeg

10 REPLIES 10
Fishtown
Superuser
Message 2 of 11
Message 2 of 11

Hello @notsogood and welcome

look here:

https://clevo-computer.com/de/ersatzteile/clevo/netzteilbuchsen/23848/6-20-b3j00-003-netzteilbuchse-...

bye Fishtown

helpful: https://community.medion.com/t5/ERAZER-Gaming/eraser-p10-dc-socket/m-p/137205#M2121

you have a Barebone Clevo NH55EPY load the Service Manual NH5xEPx_SM(2021019).zip

https://my.hidrive.com/share/yze8mg-wf8#$/CLEVO%20Service%20Manual%20Books/N_Series/NH/NHxxExx/NHxxE...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.
notsogood
New Voice
Message 3 of 11
Message 3 of 11

Hi,

Thank you - that is the correct component - I need the little blue circuit board that component is solder onto.

I will see if it is mentioned in the zip file.

Thank you for your help.

Joejoe123
New Voice
Message 4 of 11
Message 4 of 11

@notsogood  Did you manage to source this part?

I need to replace one for my lap top but can’t source it anywhere.

notsogood
New Voice
Message 5 of 11
Message 5 of 11

Hi,

Unfortunately not - I tried everywhere, and contacted the manufacture of the Laptop “Clevo” who said they don’t have any in stock, or expecting any more deliveries.

You would think being a separate little board - it would be easy to get.

Fishtown
Superuser
Message 6 of 11
Message 6 of 11

hello @notsogood
a question about this, only the socket (charging connection) is missing in your picture!
Why do you need the whole circuit board?
Bye Fishtown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.
Joejoe123
New Voice
Message 7 of 11
Message 7 of 11

@Fishtown  My board has a short on the + and - connections. I think it’s got too hot and developed the fault.

Fishtown
Superuser
Message 8 of 11
Message 8 of 11

Hello @Joejoe123 and welcome
You can take a picture of it and upload it here. (but won't be published until tomorrow)
from the circuit board
with the defective spot, maybe then we can say more about it.

bye Fishtown

Joejoe123
New Voice
Message 9 of 11
Message 9 of 11

Thanks for the welcome and help.There isn’t a  visible defective spot on the PCB but when tested i get a short on all the pins for the ribbon connection.

Looking at schematic diagram for the DC jack pins 1 to 4 are for positives and 5 8 are negative and shouldn’t be shorting out at all.

Fishtown
Superuser
Message 10 of 11
Message 10 of 11

Hello @Joejoe123 
You are right, according to the diagram there should be no connection if you test the board alone without the ribbon cable connected. Actually, there are only three possible causes. the DC jack socket, the conductor track on the circuit board or the eight-pin socket for the ribbon cable. To narrow down the error, I would unsolder the DC jack socket and then check it individually.
If necessary, the eight-pin socket between pins 4 and 5 could be separated mechanically, since it can only break through there. A defective track should be visually recognizable on the circuit board and its conductor track if there is a short circuit there.

bye Fishtown

10 REPLIES 10