36 RÉPONSES 36
slackbladder
Apprentice
Message 1 sur 37
15 183 Visites
Message 1 sur 37
15 183 Visites

Erazer Beast X25 NVIDIA RTX 3070 16GB

So I just purchased a Medion Erazer Beast laptop. https://www.overclockers.co.uk  I have issues.

Can't get into bios. This seems to be a thing with Medion stuff as I've seen threads about this. I really want to turn the AMD integrated gpu off as the temps on the CPU are already very high (usually around 86c). And my NVIDIA control panel is lacking the usual options like DRS). Secondly this 3070 laptop gpu either works well or it does'nt. What I mean is DLSS just doesn't work. If I have a game running at 45fps and I turn DLSS on my FPS increases to....45fps, sometimes worse. I appreciate it won't perform like a desktop 3070 but DLSS should work. Otherwise performance is good. But I'm not happy with a poor DLSS performance. And I have the latest drivers.

I'm not sure if anything can be done to be honest. I was suspicious that £1399 was cheap for a laptop with a 3070. But if it's a real cheap OEM version then that would explain it.

Getting into BIOS would be a start though.

36 RÉPONSES 36
Jforshore86
Trainee
Message 31 sur 37
1 998 Visites
Message 31 sur 37
1 998 Visites

I have listed on my settings as having a High Definition Audio Device from Microsoft, on my 3070, neither of the lists has this mentioned from your link of type of audio cards

NeptuneUK
Beginner
Message 32 sur 37
1 993 Visites
Message 32 sur 37
1 993 Visites

Hi, I'm sure your performance issue can be resolved if you haven't already sorted it. I am very happy with my laptop's performance. As far as the GPU goes, it's one of the more powerful mobile 3070s! I think the standard power rating  is 90W TDP / 125W TGP which can  be boosted further to 140W of total power! (Using the control center). Some other mobile versions can be much lower/less powerful.

slackbladder
Apprentice
Message 33 sur 37
1 990 Visites
Message 33 sur 37
1 990 Visites

Ok got the audio working but control centre still doesn’t show. I had uninstalled it to reinstall before but that may mean I uninstalled the wrong thing. My fault for jumping the gun. So I’m going to need a fix.

I will say it’s never a good idea to force bios updates for this very reason. I’ve lost a whole days work today and I still need a fix. Without control centre the notebook is virtually unusable.

Balises (3)
Jforshore86
Trainee
Message 34 sur 37
1 981 Visites
Message 34 sur 37
1 981 Visites

Hi slackbladder, how did you get your audio back? Can you walk me through it

slackbladder
Apprentice
Message 35 sur 37
1 959 Visites
Message 35 sur 37
1 959 Visites

Assuming your issue started with the recent Bios update that was forced on us in the last week via Windows Update (and was broken) you need to look here for a download you run that will fix it.

Itt also has a FAQ for the control center issue if you have it but I can't get it to work so right now I have no control center which means I'm seriously hampered in performance.

Jforshore86
Trainee
Message 36 sur 37
1 947 Visites
Message 36 sur 37
1 947 Visites

What is the control center issue?

Jforshore86
Trainee
Message 37 sur 37
1 944 Visites
Message 37 sur 37
1 944 Visites

Yes, @slackbladder , I too only had 2 modes in the control center, but now i have sorted out the audio, it has gone up to 3 again, with gaming available. Sorry to hear about you still not getting yours fixed. Like you said, their is the FAQ on it, but if you uninstalled it before fixing audio, unlike me, you might have removed a file - I'm just following you guys on this, I'm kinda new

36 RÉPONSES 36