Erazer Beast X25 NVIDIA RTX 3070 16GB

SOLVED
36 REPLIES 36
slackbladder
Apprentice
Message 1 of 37
Message 1 of 37

Erazer Beast X25 NVIDIA RTX 3070 16GB

So I just purchased a Medion Erazer Beast laptop. https://www.overclockers.co.uk  I have issues.

Can't get into bios. This seems to be a thing with Medion stuff as I've seen threads about this. I really want to turn the AMD integrated gpu off as the temps on the CPU are already very high (usually around 86c). And my NVIDIA control panel is lacking the usual options like DRS). Secondly this 3070 laptop gpu either works well or it does'nt. What I mean is DLSS just doesn't work. If I have a game running at 45fps and I turn DLSS on my FPS increases to....45fps, sometimes worse. I appreciate it won't perform like a desktop 3070 but DLSS should work. Otherwise performance is good. But I'm not happy with a poor DLSS performance. And I have the latest drivers.

I'm not sure if anything can be done to be honest. I was suspicious that £1399 was cheap for a laptop with a 3070. But if it's a real cheap OEM version then that would explain it.

Getting into BIOS would be a start though.

36 REPLIES 36
slackbladder
Apprentice
Message 11 of 37
Message 11 of 37

Hi all. Yeah, just went to Bios and could see there is space for another PCIe NVMe SSD. Why Medion support said there wasn't room for another surprises and worries me. What else do they get wrong?

daddle
Superuser
Message 12 of 37
Message 12 of 37

@slackbladder 

This usually you can't see it in Bios. Only after mounting one. What are you trying to say? I told you in my last post you could use your PCIOe, because I know there is another free M2 PCIe Port on your board.

One is addressed directly by the CPU, the other by the chipset, thus a little bit slower.

daddle

slackbladder
Apprentice
Message 13 of 37
Message 13 of 37

According to this - https://community.medion.com/t5/ERAZER-Gaming/RAID-im-Beast-X25/m-p/120700#M8411  which I got by holding down F10 I have two nvme controllers. I looked on my laptop and one is used and another is empty. Is it bios or UEFI? Don't remember the difference, sorry.

And I checked to be certain because Medion Support who should know because, you know, they are SUPPORT, said there was only one. Sorry for any confusion but who was I supposed to believe? Ultimately I did what Fishtown posted and checked for myself.

Jforshore86
Trainee
Message 14 of 37
Message 14 of 37

Hi everyone. I have just bought this laptop and have looked at what the score is with a second SSD. I was on hold for 20 mins to support and they confirmed with their supervisor that the total max this unit can support is 1tb, added together!. Not each! She confirmed this to me again and again. So unless someone can find out manually if the second SSD slot accept anything larger than a 512, that may be it for the unit totally!! SSD wise.... Hi and thanks for the feed. Mine also came with 2 dead pixels on the screen.

Jforshore86
Trainee
Message 15 of 37
Message 15 of 37

Hi everyone. I have just bought this laptop and have looked at what the score is with a second SSD. I was on hold for 20 mins to support and they confirmed with their supervisor that the total max this unit can support is 1tb, added together!. Not each! She confirmed this to me again and again. So unless someone can find out manually if the second SSD slot accept anything larger than a 512, that may be it for the unit totally!! SSD wise.... Hi and thanks for the feed. Mine also came with 2 dead pixels on the screen.

slackbladder
Apprentice
Message 16 of 37
Message 16 of 37

Hi

I recently installed a 1TB Samsung 980 Pro SSD in the second SSD slot. Everything is fine. I'm afraid Medion's support are not very good. They told me there was only 1 slot!

Jforshore86
Trainee
Message 17 of 37
Message 17 of 37

Slackbladder, was it hard at all getting into the computer at all? Removing the rear lid and screws etc? Is there anything i have to be careful of and is it a case of just screwing the ssd in? I also want to upgrade the ram to 32gb. Is that difficult as well? Or just removing and replace??? Many thanks

slackbladder
Apprentice
Message 18 of 37
Message 18 of 37

Hi. No it came off easy and was easy to install. Just screw it in place. As for the RAM no idea as I have not touched it.

Jforshore86
Trainee
Message 19 of 37
Message 19 of 37

With regards to this whole thread, have you solved the issues you had with the dlss with the F10 solve and the 45fps etc.. I know absolutely nothing about fixing computers, so if I give this thread to a computer guy and my computer,  would they be able to get the device working well and understand what needs to be done??

Tags (1)
slackbladder
Apprentice
Message 20 of 37
Message 20 of 37

Hi

Yeah everything works as well as I could hope for my laptop. Just remember the BIOS doesn't use UEFI and is quite bare bones. A PC tech should be able to do plenty with the laptop as it's not too tricky but there are limitations with some of its hardware.

36 REPLIES 36