FGS
Apprentice
Bericht 1 van 22
6.539 Weergaven
Bericht 1 van 22
6.539 Weergaven

CPU upgrade for Erazer X7847

Hi,

I have a MEDION ERAZER X7847 MD 60475, with a CPU i7-6820HK; I would like to know if it is possible to upgrade this CPU, and what will be the highest performance CPU that I could install instead the original one, in order to increase the number of cores of the CPU.

On the other hand, if it were not possible to upgrade the CPU, I also would like to know how can I increase the CPU and RAM speed using the overclocking function.

Thank you very much for your support, and best regards.

Fernando, from Madrid (SPAIN).

21 ANTWOORDEN 21
daddle
Superuser
Bericht 21 van 22
753 Weergaven
Bericht 21 van 22
753 Weergaven

@FGS 

I do think I was the one who explained to you the use of an image from a raid setup. . And yes, you can make an image and flash it to the newly built in PCIe, which isn:t part of a raid anyway. That is what I said.

What the mannuals say is, that if you switch a functioning raid off  to AHCI mode, you don't have any possibility to get to your data or files anymore

But if you have an image, and flashs it onto an other drive in e.g. AHCI mode, it will work.

daddle

FGS
Apprentice
Bericht 22 van 22
3.927 Weergaven
Bericht 22 van 22
3.927 Weergaven

Hi,

Finally I changed my pair of SATA SSD in RAID 0 for one PCIe SSD; and when I removed both SATA SSD disks and plug in the PCIe SSD in the correct m2 socket, it works OK. Unfortunately I tried to manage a image of my RAID 0 disks to recover it over the new PCI e disk using AOMEI software, and I have no success: finally, I had to reinstall the whole OS. I tried to recover the image of the RAID 0 into the PCIe disk, but my laptop gets hanged when it tried to boot from the recovered image. I do not know if I did something wrong, but after several  attempts, I gave up and resigned myself to reinstalling windows from scratch.

In any case, thank you very much for your support and your help.

FGS.

21 ANTWOORDEN 21