Battery problems

3 REPLIES 3
Banton
New Voice
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Battery problems

Heya folks,

I'm having some strange issues that seem to revolve around the power supply or charing of my laptop. I'll do my best to explain this but please bear with me. These issues may have separate causes but at the same time may be related, hence why I'm including the both in this post.

1. So this is probably the most concerning. My laptop will only start charging when turned off. If the cable gets pulled out while it's on or I boot it up on battery, it will not start charging (when i plug it in) unless I turn it off first. Restarting it with the power cable plugged in does not work either, I have to turn it off, then plug it in, give it a few seconds for the charging light to come on, then boot it up. Some times I have to do this a few times to get it to stick too, it will sometimes decide it doesn't want to keep charing throughout the boot up process.

2. This one is less serious, but bloody annoying. When the laptop is plugged in and actively charing, the mouse jitters around the screen when I use the touch pad. I have no idea why it's doing this and of anyone has any experience with this issue I would be very grateful to hear from you.

Sorry for the long post guys, if anyone can help with either of these issues I would be very grateful.

The model number is: P7651

Cheers

3 REPLIES 3
Major_ToM
Professor
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Hi @Banton ,

thanks for the explanation, describing features more detailed is even better then to leave many question tags behind. Firtst of all I can assure you, that this behaviour is away from normal and also seems to be nothing, which can be solved by installing updates or similar.

Could you please check the 8-digit MSN number (3002xxxx) which can be found on the backside of your laptop to find out a more about the general configuration? Since the MEDION P7651 has been distributed a couple of years agao, the question is if you have an impression when problems occurred in exactly.

Cheers

Major ToM

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
Banton
New Voice
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Hey Major Tom, 

I can't find the number but I have attached a photograph of the sticker on the back of the laptop. Is there anywhere else I can find it?

Thank you for your help!

Kind regards, 

IMG_20231015_180536 (1).jpg

Major_ToM
Professor
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Hi @Banton ,

I wasn´t aware of your reply, but to mention a community user in a way that they will be notified when you reply, put an @ sign in front of their name (e.g. @Major_Tom).
Anyhow, the 8-digit MSN should be something like 300233xx but afaik the unit has been solf 5-6 yrs ago, so we might consider hardware related trouble with the battery, or the connected power board, mainboard or something similar.
I also checked the stock situation and the battery does not seem to be available anymore, so we´re really having a challange here.

Cheers

Major ToM

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
3 REPLIES 3