Did you mean: 

Add SSD to Medion ERAZER ENGINEER P10 MD35151

6 REPLIES 6
Nemon
New Voice
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Add SSD to Medion ERAZER ENGINEER P10 MD35151

Hello! I just ordered the Medion ERAZER ENGINEER P10 MD35151.

It's hard to find documentation on available connections on this computer. Is it possible to add an additional standard Sata SSD?

6 REPLIES 6
daddle
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

@Nemon 

Yes you can. 

Thee is a mounting sparen for 2.5" Harddisk.. Except from this answer, in this faq there are more technical Details for your Mainboard 

https://community.medion.com/t5/FAQs/FAQ-Spezifikationen-Mainboard-quot-ECS-B560H6-EM2-quot/ta-p/132...

With the MB MSN 20069824

Cheers, daddle

Nemon
New Voice
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Thanks for the reply!

Is it true what it says on the spreadsheet that 32 GB ram is the limit for the motherboard? It references window 32 bit which makes me unsure. Almost all motherboards can handle more than that. 

daddle
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

@Nemon 

Those are the technical data given for your board.

And nowhere it refers to Win 32, which only can handle 4 GB memory. And has got nothng to do with the specs for an OS,, if they say 32 GB RAM is maximum.

Of course you can try to put 2x32 GB Ram; maybe the Chipset, Proc and busses manage to utilize it. But no guarantee for that.  32 GB Ram memory ist testet by the manufacturer.

But thats quite expensive, so you rather should have put mor money in the basic machine. My opinion.

daddle

Nemon
New Voice
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

Yeah, I use google translate so maybe the translation was wrong.

On the official website for the motherboard it lists 64GB as maximum however, so I think there's a typo in the link. 

daddle
Superuser
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

@Nemon 

@Nemon  schrieb:

Almost all motherboards can handle more than that. 

That's quite a proof !  😉

Some boards can handle more than 32 GB, not all. And often especially not the OEM Versions.

No, I guess you refer to the official the offical website of the board manufacturer Elitegroup.  The Medion Board is a OEM Version with an OEM Bios, and has not the official one. But of course you can try; it's up to you. 

But it us not my aim to discuss this; because I can stick only to the official Medion sourcess.

Let us know if you manage to run 64 GB on this board.

daddle

Nemon
New Voice
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

Thank you for your help!

Yeah, I just assumed since it's the same board technically there shouldn't be any arbitrary limits to RAM. But I guess I just have to try it!

If I put in 64 GB I'll definitely let you know how it went! 🙂  

6 REPLIES 6