3 ANTWORTEN 3
unclejiggy1
Beginner
Nachricht 1 von 4
1.038 Aufrufe
Nachricht 1 von 4
1.038 Aufrufe

Increasing VRAM on Erazer Deputy P10

I'm trying to increase the dedicated VRAM that the laptop uses, and most tutorials show that you can do this in BIOS - but it doesn't seem like there is an option for this in the Erazer BIOS menu at start up, and it seems a lot more basic a BIOS than other, even non-gaming, laptops

Has anyone else tried this, or am I doing something wrong?

3 ANTWORTEN 3
daddle
Superuser
Nachricht 2 von 4
1.034 Aufrufe
Nachricht 2 von 4
1.034 Aufrufe

@unclejiggy1 

Hi, I think there is getting a lot mixed up.

But first you should name your MSN number, which defines the configuration of your PC. 

Basically you can not increase VRAM which is Video RAM on a separate from the CPU dedicated graphic chip.

What you mean could be the allocation of normal memory RAM for the use with an in the CPU integrated Intels graphic chip.

But not knowing if your PC is equipped with a separate dedicated graphics chip I can't just guess. So please provide the MSN number first.

Most probably you will have a GTX 2060 graphic chip which is equipped with 6144 MB VRAM. This is not  configurable in size.

Cheers, daddle

unclejiggy1
Beginner
Nachricht 3 von 4
1.027 Aufrufe
Nachricht 3 von 4
1.027 Aufrufe

Hi, thanks for the reply

Yes, I meant increasing the dedicated memory of RAM to VRAM (as highlighted in this page https://www.alphr.com/increase-dedicated-video-ram/#:~:text=While%20you%20can%27t%20physically,help%...

My laptop's MSN is 3002 9471

daddle
Superuser
Nachricht 4 von 4
1.018 Aufrufe
Nachricht 4 von 4
1.018 Aufrufe

@unclejiggy1 

Because it is a Laptop, the built in 6 GB videoram works with your soldered in graphic card (chip) 

if you have no menu item in your bios to change the dedicated memory ram size for use with the built in Intel HD 530 or the graphic card you can not change it.

But I guess  the Intels UHD graphic is deactivated. And the max VRAM is automatically set to the built in 6 GB VRAM.

So there is nothing you could change. 

But may be another owner of an Erazer Deputy P10 might have more inside knowledge, especially about your bios,  if there is such a setting in bios (which I doubt).

Regards, daddle

3 ANTWORTEN 3