and76
Apprentice
Nachricht 1 von 21
4.088 Aufrufe
Nachricht 1 von 21
4.088 Aufrufe

Fans speed on a Erazer Deputy P10

Hello guys.
I have a Medion Erazer Deputy P10 laptop, MD63665. The issue is that the cpu fan automatically raises its frequency, and noise, without gaming or doing tasks that require cpu overload. With hotkeys I manage to decrease its frequency, but it increases again in a few minutes. I reinstalled Windows 11 to version 22H2, but this problem continues. I do not think it is a hardware problem, because with the battery in Saving mode this problem does not appear.
Control Center always shows me the speed of the CPU fans above 6000 RPM, but it doesn't show the speed of the GPU fans.
I would appreciate help.
Andres (Cuba).

1 AKZEPTIERTE LÖSUNG

Akzeptierte Lösungen
and76
Apprentice
Nachricht 20 von 21
3.391 Aufrufe
Nachricht 20 von 21
3.391 Aufrufe

Folks.

The whole problem was the fan of the GPU stuck, with dust... Solved everything with preventive maintenance, and change of thermal paste.
Thank you all.

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

20 ANTWORTEN 20
Burki48
Nachricht 2 von 21
2.032 Aufrufe
Nachricht 2 von 21
2.032 Aufrufe

Hello @and76 and welcome to the community,

please tell us which BIOS version is currently installed on your PC.

Greetings
Burki

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.

and76
Apprentice
Nachricht 3 von 21
2.025 Aufrufe
Nachricht 3 von 21
2.025 Aufrufe

Hi.

BIOS version: SMBIOSBIOSVersion

Burki48
Nachricht 4 von 21
2.015 Aufrufe
Nachricht 4 von 21
2.015 Aufrufe

Hello @and76,

thank you for your feedback.

Please tell us the 8-digit MSN number of your PC or notebook.

Greetings
Burki

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.

and76
Apprentice
Nachricht 5 von 21
2.007 Aufrufe
Nachricht 5 von 21
2.007 Aufrufe

Hi Burki.

Many thanks for your kindly answer and support.

MSN 30029942
MODEL. MD63665

Sorry for missing that.

Andres.

Burki48
Nachricht 6 von 21
2.001 Aufrufe
Nachricht 6 von 21
2.001 Aufrufe

Hello @and76,

thank you for your feedback.

We can offer you the BIOS version 2.11 for your notebook. You can download it here.

Please note that MEDION is not liable for any damage caused by the BIOS update.

Greetings
Burki

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.

and76
Apprentice
Nachricht 7 von 21
1.994 Aufrufe
Nachricht 7 von 21
1.994 Aufrufe

Thank you for the file.

Will it improve the fans performance?

How do I upgrade it?

Regards.

Burki48
Nachricht 8 von 21
1.990 Aufrufe
Nachricht 8 von 21
1.990 Aufrufe

Hello @and76,

please unzip the downloaded .ZIP file. You will then find 2 folders. Open the folder Windows. In this folder you will find the BIOS update, which can be started directly from Windows. Please make sure that you have connected your notebook to the power supply before you run the BIOS update.

Since the fan control is part of the BIOS, it is obvious that it will be improved by a newer BIOS version.

Greetings
Burki

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.

and76
Apprentice
Nachricht 9 von 21
1.979 Aufrufe
Nachricht 9 von 21
1.979 Aufrufe

Dear Burki.

I have successfully updated the BIOS, but the problem persists. I can only control the fan through Control Center...for a while.
I have a screenshot of Control Center.
Thank you very much for your help.Captura de pantalla 2022-10-25 082511.jpg

Burki48
Nachricht 10 von 21
1.970 Aufrufe
Nachricht 10 von 21
1.970 Aufrufe

Hello @and76,

in this case, the only thing left to check is whether the fans are possibly clogged with dust. However, this procedure is not so simple and should therefore only be carried out by trained personnel.

Have you loaded the BIOS default values?

Greetings
Burki

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.

20 ANTWORTEN 20