yorkieman
Newcomer
Bericht 1 van 2
1.825 Weergaven
Bericht 1 van 2
1.825 Weergaven

P4020D(MD8870) - time and date issue

Hi

My P4020D(MD8870) has stopped automatically updating the time and date when it is switched on - it does not reset itself to a default time but is about 12 hours out everytime I switch it on. I go into the time and language settings in Windows 10 - switch the 'set time automatically' off and then on again and this corrects it for that day until machine is switched off again - any suggestions please?

1 ANTWOORD 1
Luke
Community Manager
Bericht 2 van 2
1.800 Weergaven
Bericht 2 van 2
1.800 Weergaven

Hello @yorkieman,

welcome to our community.

As your MD 8870 has been sold in May 2010, it`s very likely that your CMOS battery is slowly getting low. The CMOS (complementary metal oxide semiconductor) battery in your computer is used to store your hardware configuration settings. It also keeps a record of the date and time when your machine is switched off. The CMOS battery is inside your machine and attached to the motherboard.

It is usually possible to install a new CMOS battery and replacements are inexpensive. Be aware that this replacement does require you to open up your PC. You may wish to enlist the help of a qualified computer technician.

Greetings,

Luke

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
1 ANTWOORD 1