13 RÉPONSES 13
shedload
Trainee
Message 1 sur 14
7 281 Visites
Message 1 sur 14
7 281 Visites

Monitor

I recently bought a Medion Akoya E42019 to replace a very old Medion Pc, unfortunately it does not appear to be compatible with our Medion SXGA Monitor.

The new Pc only has HDMI or Display Port connections where as my Monitor has VGA and DVI-D inputs. I have bought adapters and now straight through converters but the Monitor shows 'No Signal'.

I have tried the Pc on the Tv and it works and the monitor on other devices, all fine.

I have tried holding down on button as recommended by Medion, connecting cables whilst Pc is on, and while off and a many variations on that theme, but still it shows No signal.

Is there anything else I can do or is it a case of returning and buying another make. I have tried it on a HP and it works.

Really do not want to have to buy another Monitor.

Cheers

13 RÉPONSES 13
jackwsm
Apprentice
Message 11 sur 14
1 750 Visites
Message 11 sur 14
1 750 Visites

Fishtown,

Yes you are absolutely correct, I was too quick to respond. The link should read

https://www.amazon.co.uk/AmazonBasics-HDMI-Adapter-3-5mm-Audio/dp/B07KRBPPPF/ref=sr_1_7?crid=3GPYJ52...

The HDMI connector plugs into the PC, the VGA cable from the monitor plugs into the adaptor.

I aplogise.

jackwsm
Apprentice
Message 12 sur 14
1 749 Visites
Message 12 sur 14
1 749 Visites

Fishtown

You are absolutely correct, I was too quick to respond. The link should read

https://www.amazon.co.uk/AmazonBasics-HDMI-Adapter-3-5mm-Audio/dp/B07KRBPPPF/ref=sr_1_7?crid=3GPYJ52...

Hdmi lead plugs into the PC, VGA cable from monitor plugs into adaptor.

I apologise for error and will attempt to message shedload.

shedload
Trainee
Message 13 sur 14
1 620 Visites
Message 13 sur 14
1 620 Visites

Thanks to all responder for help and advice. I tried various adapters and converters. Even borrowed one from work but to no avail.

So, bit bullet and bought a new monitor. Connected with HDMI cable.

It works fine, apart from occasionally the screen goes blank for a few seconds. Not really  a problem but anyone know what could cause this ?

And I mean once or twice in about a half hour period, unusual I am on for more than that in one go.

shedload
Trainee
Message 14 sur 14
1 267 Visites
Message 14 sur 14
1 267 Visites

Well final update regarding screen going blank.  New monitor, new cables, different OS. Even new router. Still doing it.

The PC was packaged up and returned under guarantee. It was returned couple of weeks later with no explanation.

Guess what ? It worked fine for couple of weeks then started again !

I'm getting used to it know so I will give up  🙁

Thanks for all input.

13 RÉPONSES 13