6 ANTWORTEN 6
PeterSel
Beginner
Nachricht 1 von 7
4.098 Aufrufe
Nachricht 1 von 7
4.098 Aufrufe

Medion E3222

Can my E3222 take a Team MS30 512GB M.2 2280 Solid State Drive - SATA III, SSD in it M2 bay

1 AKZEPTIERTE LÖSUNG

Akzeptierte Lösungen
PeterSel
Beginner
Nachricht 3 von 7
4.079 Aufrufe
Nachricht 3 von 7
4.079 Aufrufe

Many thanks.I will goahed with my upgrade.

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

6 ANTWORTEN 6
daddle
Superuser
Nachricht 2 von 7
4.089 Aufrufe
Nachricht 2 von 7
4.089 Aufrufe

@PeterSel 

Simply Yes, it should work.

Regards, daddle

PeterSel
Beginner
Nachricht 3 von 7
4.080 Aufrufe
Nachricht 3 von 7
4.080 Aufrufe

Many thanks.I will goahed with my upgrade.

bemorganinc
New Voice
Nachricht 4 von 7
1.232 Aufrufe
Nachricht 4 von 7
1.232 Aufrufe

hi trying to upgrade too and have the system image copy and recovery disc but cannot force the bios to recover to the new drive. do yo have instructions on this please?

daddle
Superuser
Nachricht 5 von 7
1.227 Aufrufe
Nachricht 5 von 7
1.227 Aufrufe

@bemorganinc 

This you have to do with that program, which made te Image from the system.

By the way, what do you understand if you say "system image"? The complete Windows Installation with the helping partitions before C:\\?

Who made it with which program?

Because usually most  E3222 do  not have a Power Recover program integrated, nor an Image called Recover.

Nor do you get a recovery disk separately.

And please name the MSN Number. It's on a sticker underneath? Are you from UK? Or wherefrom?

Then it could be MSN 30026562.

Look there and find your model:

--> https://www.medion.com/de/service/topic/medion-products?msnCheck=E3222

Do you have a  flash memory  expansion slot  (for M.2 SATA SSDs) underneath? Is it empty?

Cheers, daddle

bemorganinc
New Voice
Nachricht 6 von 7
1.203 Aufrufe
Nachricht 6 von 7
1.203 Aufrufe

Hi

I used the windows (7) backup & restore function to 'create a system image' on an external harddrive, then this to 'create a system repair disc' on an external DVD rom.

I then wanted to use the bios to 'system image recovery' to the new SSD which is installed in the spare M2 slot underneath. The new SSD have been recognised by the computer.

MSN is 30026562

thanks

daddle
Superuser
Nachricht 7 von 7
1.196 Aufrufe
Nachricht 7 von 7
1.196 Aufrufe

Hi @bemorganinc 

I use the same program in WIn 10 -->   Makes an image with the Win 7 Program, which is still integrated in Win 10  and Win 11.

If you make the repairdisk in the same folder in  Settings -> WIN 7 this DV or CD does not work to boot the Laptop, or to start the reflashing. Which depends on UEFI and GPT partitioning

You must go to the Start Button and search there for Repair- or Restore disk. Sorrry, don't know the exact english name for it (in German: "Wiederherstellungslaufwerk".  Could be  "recovery drive ").

Then the system collects all necessary system files and small programs. Takes some time. Than you can make your choice to  use a  USB Stick minimum 32 GB  for the recovery files to be written to the stick9

If you boot from the stick, it boots into Windows RE (Rescue). This allows you to flash your external Image onto your new disk..

daddle

6 ANTWORTEN 6