8 RÉPONSES 8
gungajin
New Voice
Message 1 sur 9
4 321 Visites
Message 1 sur 9
4 321 Visites

MEDION AKOYA E4070 D

Motherboard on my PC is shot. Micro-fracture at the VGA port makes it reboot frequently. Tried to solder it but it only worked for a day, then back to failure.

A replacement MB would be available through Medion but it's ridiculously expensive, at about 75% of the price of a new comparable PC. Also, I'm not even sure Medion support linked me the correct board, it's not the same MSN number I gave them and it is much to be the one it should be. There's no MB manual or technical specs as far as I can see.

Can anybody help me identifying this MB? Or does anybody have one for sale?

Cheers

Romed, Denmark

8 RÉPONSES 8
Fishtown
Superuser
Message 2 sur 9
4 316 Visites
Message 2 sur 9
4 316 Visites

hello @gungajin,

look here for manual:

https://www.medion.com/ch/de/service/start/_product.php?msn=10017226&gid=2

i hope it helps

by Fishtown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.
gungajin
New Voice
Message 3 sur 9
4 308 Visites
Message 3 sur 9
4 308 Visites

no, sorry, it doesn't

This is only a user manual, not a technical manual, it says absolutely nothing about the MB. Actually, quite lame of Medion, not to supply any technical information. i have asked their technical support, but no repy so far.

Fishtown
Superuser
Message 4 sur 9
4 300 Visites
Message 4 sur 9
4 300 Visites

Hello @gungajin,

there is also information about motherboard and the pc itself,

only E4070D is not enough to search specifically

bye Fishtown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.
gungajin
New Voice
Message 5 sur 9
4 295 Visites
Message 5 sur 9
4 295 Visites

Yes, I have previously found technical information about the Mb on Medions website, but not anymore. In the one manual that is available on Medion's site there's no information about the motherboard or any other technical information that could be useful to a technician like myself.And I have tried with everything, serial number etc.

In the meantime, Medion support has sent me some more information about the Mb and with that I've found a used on on Ebay. If I can get it sent to Denmark, that would solve my problem.

Fishtown
Superuser
Message 6 sur 9
4 292 Visites
Message 6 sur 9
4 292 Visites

Hello @gungajin,

good Smiley très heureux, case done. please for the next time. Since this is a "user help user" community, we know the information you have given the support and no one can help you without.

Bye Fishtown

gungajin
New Voice
Message 7 sur 9
4 281 Visites
Message 7 sur 9
4 281 Visites

Sorry, i don't quite understand what you mean. You mean the information I have received from Medion support?

it's not much, only the proper name of the MB which is MSI MS 7800G  - which I already knew because it's written on the MB. But I wasn't sure if that was the real name or a name commissioned by Medion. Still don't know. I believe it's a commissioned name since I can't find any MB of that name on MSI's website, not even when I'm searching for discontinued items.

But I found a used one on ebay.de using this name and that's good enough for me.

All I need now is to convince the guy that it won't hurt him if he would send it to Denmark, where I live. He only sends to inside Germany, as if it would make any difference what EU country you're sending to....

Well if need be, I can ask him to send it to a frien in Germany who will forward it to me. Bit complicated and more expensive, but it's either that or buying a new machine.

Hope that answers all evt. questions

Fishtown
Superuser
Message 8 sur 9
4 277 Visites
Message 8 sur 9
4 277 Visites

Hej @gungajin

all good,

Here is a test from 31.01.2013 :https://www.pcwelt.de/produkte/Medion-Akoya_E4070_D-PC-Test-7389330.html

Good luck with the order .

Hilsen-Fishtown

gungajin
New Voice
Message 9 sur 9
4 272 Visites
Message 9 sur 9
4 272 Visites

thx, I know the test. And I've always been happy with this pc. I put an SSD harddisk in an upgraded to 8GB Ram and it worked nicely still after 5 years. But then there was a crack on the VGA port, probably because I pulled the stick out when it wasn't entirely loose and the pc started rebooting at random. Took me a while to find the cause for that and it's irreparable. 

8 RÉPONSES 8