I can't find the motherboard's manual for MEDION AKOYA P7214 D ES

SOLVED
2 REPLIES 2
MdesJose
New Voice
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

I can't find the motherboard's manual for MEDION AKOYA P7214 D ES

I need the motherboard's manual for MEDION AKOYA P7214 D ES because I bought a pair of RAMs and I don't remember the slots where I have to place the memories in order to work properly and enable the Dual Channel.

Medion's technical specs says: "Motherboard: MB MSI MS7616". So, I contacted the MSI technical support and they told me that the motherboard is an OEM. Then, they can't provide me information about it.

When I look for the manual on Medion -> Manuals, Software & Drivers, I just find a generic manual called "Manual Generico Modelos PC Medion (Español)".

So, I don't know whether there is a generic motherboard's manual or I could find the manual on some website.

Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT. IMPORTANT: I don't really know whether "MEDION AKOYA P7214 D ES" is my computer, I typed the Art.-Nr.:10013492. My computer has a stick which says: "Model: PC MT 14; Typ: MED MT622; Art.-Nr.:10013492".

EDIT 2: Finally, I think that's correct, the Art.-Nr. would be the serial number.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MdesJose
New Voice
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Thank for your answer @daddle : D

do you want to replace the orig.memory banks, or just to add the new

What I wanted was replacing the old memories with the new ones.

I found the answer here: https://community.medion.com/t5/Desktop-PC-All-In-One/Medion-i3-530/m-p/91885/highlight/true#M353

The user Fishtown updated a picture of MS-7616's RAM from the manual —which shows how to populate the RAMs on the motherboard in order to enable Dual-Channel mode. Furthermore, it shows the recommended slot for testing too.

I followed it and my computer works perfectly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
daddle
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

@MdesJose 

Your PC ís equipped with :

2x 2048 MB DDR3-SDRAM (PC3-10600 / 1333 MHz)
Dual Channel Memory (2/4 belegt; 16 GB max.) 

So its a matter of try and error. Just put in one new ram only ( do you want  to replace the orig.memory banks, or just to add the new; but  take first the old memory ram out for testing) If it works fine, then add the second new ram in the next slot.

Then check the combination of the new two ram with the old ram. Are they compatible?

If your PC boots you can make use of CPU-Z, to check the memory and the banks.

cheers, daddle

MdesJose
New Voice
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Thank for your answer @daddle : D

do you want to replace the orig.memory banks, or just to add the new

What I wanted was replacing the old memories with the new ones.

I found the answer here: https://community.medion.com/t5/Desktop-PC-All-In-One/Medion-i3-530/m-p/91885/highlight/true#M353

The user Fishtown updated a picture of MS-7616's RAM from the manual —which shows how to populate the RAMs on the motherboard in order to enable Dual-Channel mode. Furthermore, it shows the recommended slot for testing too.

I followed it and my computer works perfectly.

2 REPLIES 2