PortuGal
Beginner
Nachricht 1 von 4
1.255 Aufrufe
Nachricht 1 von 4
1.255 Aufrufe

Beeping PC

Hi I have a PC, model PC MT14 MT8072N.

There are also other numbers on the base e.g. P/N (8 digits), S/N (2 letters, 7 digits), Med S/N (14 digits) so not sure which is my MSN! 

Ok, the PC has been in a box for a year whilst I moved house and today when I went to boot it up, it beeps 1 long, 2 short. I've tried to take the graphics card out and reset it but have no tools (or chopstick) to hand and can't move the white 'trigger' type switch underneath which I presume unlocks it. I am a bit nervous in case I'm on the wrong track totally and it isn't the graphics card at all.

There is no signal getting to the monitor, and I have tried 3 monitors and multiple cables. So, I can't get in to the BIOS or anything to see if there is an issue there. 

I've tried booting up with the Delete key held down before powering up - nothing. And also tried holding the Escape key down before powering up - still nothing. 

Any suggestions would be gratefully received.  It worked fine when it was packed away!!

Thanks

PortuGal.

3 ANTWORTEN 3
Fishtown
Superuser
Nachricht 2 von 4
1.245 Aufrufe
Nachricht 2 von 4
1.245 Aufrufe

Hello @PortuGal and welcome
P/N 8 digits is the MSN number.
here is a post as if you had written it:

https://community.medion.com/t5/Desktop-PC-All-In-One/Medion-PC-MT-14-MED-MT8072N-Art-Nr-10018758-bo...
but since you've already swapped the cable and monitor, it can't be that.

Which leads me to wonder if you accidentally used the HDMI port on the motherboard and not the graphics card?

bye Fishtown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.
PortuGal
Beginner
Nachricht 3 von 4
1.216 Aufrufe
Nachricht 3 von 4
1.216 Aufrufe

Thank you for your reply. 

P/N is 20054842

I haven't got as far as doing any mods on this PC at all as it was simply for work so I don't think I can have mistakenly used the HDMI. However, having read that thread which you kindly linked me to, I am going to go buy a new monitor and HDMI cable. (Both of which I need so that I can run 2 screens). Let's see if I have any luck like that.

As an after-thought, it couldn't possibly be the battery, could it?

Thanks  

Fishtown
Superuser
Nachricht 4 von 4
1.210 Aufrufe
Nachricht 4 von 4
1.210 Aufrufe

Hello @PortuGal 
unfortunately the MSN number is not the one we are looking for 20054842= PC case, including power supply.
look for a number that reads 100xxxxx, the sticker may be attached under the device.

did you get the graphics card out?
If you think it's the battery, replace it. It only costs a few cents, and there's no harm in replacing it, especially since the computer was inactive for a year.

When I move house, I unplug all cables from the device. So I'm asking if the monitor is plugged into the correct slot (on the graphics card) and not the slot on the motherboard. then it would output these beeps because the connection on the motherboard is inactive

bye Fishtown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.
3 ANTWORTEN 3