Unable to connect Soundbar to Medion 58" TV

SOLVED
9 REPLIES 9
McDenster
Beginner
Message 1 of 10
Message 1 of 10

Unable to connect Soundbar to Medion 58" TV

Hi there. 1st post for me 😅. I have purchased the described TV and for the price it's terrific. I had an issue attempting to set up the SKY remote which kept changing the input and also attempting to swap channels. I'll cover that on a seperate thread if I may. 

I connected my SKY Qbox and PS5 to the TV using the HDMI2 and HDMI1 ports respectively, which I understand is what is required. The sound on the new TV is ok but as is the norm I purchased a Samsung Soundbar. I got this paired to the TV no problem but as much as I tried - following the enclosed instructions - I could not get the Soundbar to come through on the TV. The soundbar is definately working as I can pair my iPhone to it. I have followed the instructions to the letter - particularly the enclosed snapshot - but I have to admit defeat. Anyone on hear can supply an idiots guide to assist me? Thanks in advance Folks😉.Med58 Q.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Fishtown
Superuser
Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

Hi @McDenster 

nice that it still worked.

I'll ask at a suitable place what it means to connect to additional devices via bluetooth and which devices can be connected to it.

bye Fishtown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Fishtown
Superuser
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

Hello @McDenster  and welcome

Which TV set? say the MSN number also the name of the soundbar.

There is a soundbar update available on the Medion service page for some TV types if there are problems with the soundbar.

And how did you connect the soundbar (HDMI, Bluetooth, optical cable)?

Goodbye Fishtown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.
McDenster
Beginner
Message 3 of 10
Message 3 of 10

Hi Fishtown and thanks for your quick reply👍. Apologies for missing that out. It's a Medion 58" Smart Ultra HD Android TV - Medion Life X15858 (MD 32303). Soundbar is a Samsung HW - T420 2.1Ch which was connected with Bluetooth. Cheap but very good sound for the price and as I said working fine through an iPhone. Cheers.

Fishtown
Superuser
Message 4 of 10
Message 4 of 10

Hi @McDenster 

🤣How can you connect the soundbar to the tv via bluetooth if the tv has no bluetooth at all?😉

bye Fishtown

McDenster
Beginner
Message 5 of 10
Message 5 of 10

@Fishtown The TV does have Bluetooth. In 'SETTINGS' you have a 'BLUETOOTH AND ACCESSORIES' option. I have already connected my Soundbar and iPhone XR to the TV.....🤔

Fishtown
Superuser
Message 6 of 10
Message 6 of 10

Hi @McDenster 

strange, according to the user manual you have bluetooth but according to the technical data sheet you don't.

is this possibly only intended for smartphones or remote controls?

can you do anything with the iphone xr on the tv?

bye Fishtown

McDenster
Beginner
Message 7 of 10
Message 7 of 10

Defo have Bluetooth capability Fishtown. Dunno why the BT didn’t connect but I plugged in an optical cable and Hey Presto!! It works perfectly and a great sound for a £130 soundbar. Thanks for your help :fish: :cityscape: 😉👍

Fishtown
Superuser
Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

Hi @McDenster 

nice that it still worked.

I'll ask at a suitable place what it means to connect to additional devices via bluetooth and which devices can be connected to it.

bye Fishtown

McDenster
Beginner
Message 9 of 10
Message 9 of 10

Thanks for all your help @Fishtown👍

Fishtown
Superuser
Message 10 of 10
Message 10 of 10

Hi @McDenster 

I got an answer from the technical department, you don't have a bluetooth module.

So it shouldn't be possible, but: How did you pair your phone?

Can you do anything with it on the TV or access it?

Can you take a photo of "SETTINGS and BLUETOOTH AND ACCESSORIES"

Furthermore, the technical support needs your software version and your MSN number.

Thank you for your effort to clarify this specificity.

bye Fishtown

9 REPLIES 9