Medion Multiroom MD 43035 - loses the connection with WiFi after correct setup

4 REPLIES 4
klept0
New Voice
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Medion Multiroom MD 43035 - loses the connection with WiFi after correct setup

Hi,
I've bought "Medion Multiroom MD 43035". For three months everything seems to working perfect but since around 1 month radio loses the connection with WiFi after correct setup.

From begining:
1. I'm configuring radio through Lifestream II on Android
2. Radio was found/recognized in the application
3. I've setup WiFi credentials
4. Radio seems to connect to wifi
5. All steps finished successfully - setup process has finished, white blinking power button stop to blink and is now white constant light. Information with something about Spotify possibility was shown
6. Now I should be able to select and start to use my configured radio but..
7. PROBLEM: After ~10 sec. from radio it's connected to Wifi white constant power LED change to white blinking which means it's not connected to the WIFI anymore. He cannot be either found as configured radio in the Android application. After a second it connect to the Wifi and then again after some sec. loses connection with it ... and over and over again.

Until now I:
1. Reinstalled app on my Android phone (checked also priviliges to localization and disk)
2. Uses another mobile phone with Android application to configure radio
3. Configured radio with another wifi network

with always the same result.

Do You have any other idea what can I do else?

Thank You in advance.

kind regards

4 REPLIES 4
Bodgekin
Mentor
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Hi @klept0

Does your modem or router support WPS? If so, perhaps you can connect the speaker using the WPS button on the rear directly to the modem / router, without having to use an app. 

Kind regards,
Bart
klept0
New Voice
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Hi @Bodgekin,
Thank You for Your reply.

Yes, my router have WPS. I also tried to connect through it with the same result.

I think the problem is not a the way I connect to the router but why device is not sustaining the connection with the network.

kind regards

Bodgekin
Mentor
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Hi @klept0

That means we can rule out any problem with the app. The strange thing is that the configuration through the app requires a Wifi connection between the speaker and the tablet / smartphone with the app. Apparently that does work.

According to the manual you can reset the speaker by switching the main power off for a few seconds, but I suspect you already tried that? And have you tried updating the firmware of the speaker through the app (Though I'm not sure if that works when it is not connected to a network)?

Otherwise I think there might be something wrong with the speaker, especially since you tried it on 2 different networks.

Kind regards,
Bart
klept0
New Voice
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Hi @Bodgekin, hi *
I left speaker turned off from the power for about 5 days and it started to WORK again. I can finally configure it through the app, connection with WIFI sustains and etc.

Before I do that I also left it turned off for ~10 min. like it was written in other topics as a possible solution but apparently (I guess) it was to short. This time when I started to configure through the Android App whole previous configuration was gone - i recognize it so that even "Radio Name" was restored to the default value...something like "MEDION 99xxxxx". I went through configuration process and "Voila" everything is working perfect. Anyway thank You for Your help.

kind regards

4 REPLIES 4