Did you mean: 

Crawler E10 control center issue

7 REPLIES 7
captainmorris
New Voice
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

Crawler E10 control center issue

I've had some issues with the LED keyboard not functioning as it should, mainly the green leds not quite lighting up correctly and thus in all the other modes that mix the green led not quite lighting up correctly. I went to install the latest version of comand center from a link in here, it removed the existing applications (Keyboard LED & Fan control). Its states that the software is installed & a restart is required to finish installation (All done), now once the laptop has been restarted the keyboard LED backlight is not active & i cant see any application for controlling it. This is the same for the fan control, all removed & now have no control over it.

Im running windows 11 & my MD is 61862add3.

Can anyone help me with this issue?

7 REPLIES 7
Mallia
Apprentice
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

@captainmorris 

I would suggest reinstalling the control centre software via the official Medion site as this will include keyboard LED and fan control.

https://www.medion.com/gb/service/product-detail/30029418

Attention:

For any errors, caused by the execution of this update, we don´ t accept any responsibility for damage or loss of data. The customer agrees with that fact by executing the update.

captainmorris
New Voice
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

Thanks for the reply. I've downloaded the control center from the link above, but still I have the issue with not being able to control the keyboard LEDs or the fan speed. It has installed 'Fn hotkeys and OSD' but I cannot get it to run on the laptop. Looking at the task manager it runs as a background process so its obviously doing something, its just not something I can control.

The fan seems to be running quite excessively as of the installation, not a massive issue, but would like like to get it back under control.

Any other suggestions?

Fishtown
Superuser
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

Hello @captainmorris and welcome
Did you type “Control Center” in the search box?
Normally the “Control Center” app opens
I've already tried this with my computer for someone else, even though my computer doesn't support it at all.
and that worked too.

https://community.medion.com/t5/ERAZER-Gaming/Probl%C3%A8me-installation-Controle-Center-Erazer-Craw...

Normally you open CC with Fn+ESC.
when it works again,
Here you will find a useful operating manual for the Clevo NP50DB

https://www.file-upload.net/download-15189985/Manual_10134.zip.html

bye Fishtown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.
captainmorris
New Voice
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

Hi @Fishtown, I've tried your suggestions but they are to no avail.

I have noticed that some of the Fn key functions are not working as they should, mainly the Fn + F1 (disable mouse pad), most of the others work (ie, volume up/down, brightness up/down, screen off, etc).

I've reinstalled the file recommended by @Mallia several times in case of a bad initial installation & again no change.

Still open for further suggestions.

beautifulilies
Beginner
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

Hello @captainmorris 

I just wondered if you managed to solve this issue? I'm having the same thing, I keep uninstalling and reinstalling the control centre but it never comes up for me. I keep getting the 'Fn hotkeys and OSD' thing come up too but even when I click that nothing happens.

captainmorris
New Voice
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

Sadly not. I experience the exact same thing as you. Tried several times to sort but to no avail, looks like were stuck with this issue.

beautifulilies
Beginner
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

I contacted Medion (it does bug me a bit not having the light up keyboard anymore) and they said this:

The issues you are experiencing will need to be looked at by a qualified technician.   Kindly provide us with the following information:  - A copy of the proof of purchase - Some pictures of the unit ( open and close , screen on and off) - Any passwords allowing the technical team to access the unit - Permission to reset and potentially erase all data - A convenient day Monday-Friday for the collection        - Let us know if you have a suitable box and packaging  We will be able to proceed with the case for you once we have all of this.  Please be aware as previously advised any data stored, its security and integrity is your responsibility.  I must advise you if our technicians determine that the unit has any physical damage your unit it won't be repair under the warranty.  Medion cannot accept or assume any responsibility pertaining to said data.  Medion recommends that all data stored on your product is backed up.

Not quite keen on that as a solution!

7 REPLIES 7