Did you mean: 

Thethering

2 REPLIES 2
PeterUnderwood
Beginner
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Thethering

Using my new Medion X5020 with a 3 network sim as a mobile hotspot is causing a problem. In my previous Medion phone it thethered to my laptop and tablet happily. In the new phone they tell me they are connected to the phone's hotspot but there is 'no Internet's
The phone itself accesses the internet easily and swiftly.
How do I get my phone to allow internet access to thethered devices?
2 REPLIES 2
Bodgekin
Mentor
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Hi Peter, 

I dont have any experience with tethering myself, but I found this topic on another forum (its for a Nexus phone, but I think the settings are generally the same): https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/nexus/DRVyGHFAdjA

Maybe this can help you as well.  

Kind regards,
Bart
doria786
Beginner
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

A simple restart can often fix connectivity issues. Restart your Medion X5020 and the tethered devices. Ensure that Airplane Mode is turned off on your Medion X5020, as this can prevent internet access. Confirm that mobile data is turned on your phone. If you’re relying on Wi-Fi, make sure it’s connected to a network. If your mobile data is on but there’s still no internet on the hotspot, check if you’ve exceeded your data limit. Switch the frequency band of your hotspot from 2.4 GHz to 5 GHz or vice versa. Some devices may require a specific frequency to connect properly. If the issue persists, troubleshoot the internet connection on your Medion X5020 to ensure the problem isn’t with the phone itself. On your laptop, check if the network adapter driver is up to date. An outdated or corrupted driver can cause connectivity issues. As a last resort, you can reset the network settings on your devices. This will revert all network-related settings to their default values.                                                                      Cat blog

2 REPLIES 2