Medion e4251 not working

3 REPLIES 3
Broken_comp
Beginner
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Medion e4251 not working

Good morning,

I'm not sure wether this is the right thread but I need help.

My brother's Medion E4251, which was bought last year, isn't working anymore. He told me that nothing should have happened to it and that it happened randomly. I read on other sites that removing the battery and charger should make it turn on again, but I saw that this PC has a sort of "reset" button. Should i press it instead? And how? Would it work?

Screenshot_20240406_170338_Gallery.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
daddle
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

@Broken_comp 

Yes, off ourse you can try, but the charger must be off. Second even better would be to completely remove the battery, disconnect to all peripheral appliances  and then pressing for about 15 sec. the on switch, repeatedly, plus the reset button also.

But seeing that you do not specialize the faulty behavior except saying "the laptop does not work anymore" we don not know the real thing. 

You should  give some more information what the laptop really does , or in case of faulty behavior, what happens to the LEDs th screen, 

It could be no response at all, or just a blackscreen, or a message cannot boot, or missing operation system and so forth...

Cheers, daddle

Broken_comp
Beginner
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Thank you for your reply!

The PC doesn't turn on anymore, and it doesn't charge anymore. Sometimes, at random, it will turn on for a second and show the loading screen, just to turn back off completely

daddle
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

@Broken_comp 

So check the M.2 SSD, take it out .  Can you get into Bios then?

Check the RAM, a faulty RAM might  be the reason as well. 

But first you also could try to boot the PC from a USB Windows Installation Stick made by the MediaCreationTool

--> >  https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10 

At last I woud suggest you take the Laptop to a professional; it might be a total loss.

Edit. You also should check the PSU if it still delivers current. If not, it could be the charger does not charge anymore,  which means the battery is deeply discharged and provokes this strange behavior. Is the charger plugged into a wall socket? Does it provide the standard voltage?

Just name the MSN number of your laptop. It's a 8 digit number starting with 3003 .... on a sticker underneath.

If this all doesn't help, we can not  help any further.

daddle

3 REPLIES 3