cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who Me Too'd this topic

Billaboard
Beginner

Medion E5005 recall

I have just had my E5005 phone replaced by Lenovo under their recall of faulty batteries scheme. All good,but....

The replacement phone was a slightly earlier model, S5004, and runs Android 5.1.1 rather than the Android 6.0 of the E5005. This seems to have resulted in some different or missing apps, for example Backup and Restore, which has made recovering settings rather more difficult than expected.

Yesterday, I went to the Update area, found there was an update and set it going. It took about 40 minutes, including 2 restarts, so I had hoped that it would have updated to Android 6, but it still says it is on 5.1.1.

I am reluctant to complain or criticise, because the S5004 seems to have better cameras and a higher powered processor and battery but would be interested to hear any comments about this. I see there are firmware updates to 6.0 on the Medion site, but they don't seem to apply to this phone.

Two other small niggles are that the S5004 came with a continental, rather than British plug on the charger, and the battery is internal and not replaceable. As the phone was manufactured in early 2016, this would imply that the battery will already be almost 3 years old.

Tags (1)
Who Me Too'd this topic