r3fl3x
New Voice
Nachricht 1 von 6
38.740 Aufrufe
Nachricht 1 von 6
38.740 Aufrufe

Medion Akoya X7811 Mobility Radeon HD5870 1GB 128 bit

Hi everyone,

After 6 years the graphic card isn't working anymore. I live in istanbul and there are no replacement parts here for medion laptops.There are some used cards that are locally available like radeon 6970, 6990, nvidia gtx 660m, gtx 7970 but i don't know if they are compatible with my laptop. And individual sellers generally don't even let me try their card without buying it. Also there is an option to buy an MSI version of my card from online sites like ebay but i see it as a gamble since it may not work with my laptop. Do you guys have any experience with different cards that could be compatible with this laptop? If not what would you suggest as a solution?

Thanks,

r3fl3x

5 ANTWORTEN 5
r3fl3x
New Voice
Nachricht 2 von 6
38.684 Aufrufe
Nachricht 2 von 6
38.684 Aufrufe

Answers in german is ok for me. I understand a little bit.

r3fl3x
New Voice
Nachricht 3 von 6
37.124 Aufrufe
Nachricht 3 von 6
37.124 Aufrufe

And look at the answer from medion support:

"The graphics card is on the mainboard and cannot be replaced separately. Unfortunately, we no longer have these mainboards available."

They don't even know the graphics card is not integrated, such a joke.

lordlunatic
New Voice
Nachricht 4 von 6
36.846 Aufrufe
Nachricht 4 von 6
36.846 Aufrufe

Have you tried looking on german ebay.

http://www.ebay.de/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p3984.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.XMobility+Radeon+HD5870...

They seem to have a lot of those cards with the same interface...

----

Die Mächtigkeit der Menge der Exklamationsmarkierungen steht
in reziproker Relation zur intellektuellen Kapazität des Skribenten
r3fl3x
New Voice
Nachricht 5 von 6
36.599 Aufrufe
Nachricht 5 von 6
36.599 Aufrufe

Thank you for your answer.

I've already ordered a brand new one from china for 76$, so hopefully it was the right choice.

For the interface, i will share my experience in case of anyone is wondering.

I tried 3 different cards with the exact same interface and size. The first two were Dell 6970m and Ati Firepro M8900, which i couldn't get video output from the laptop screen and i haven't had the chance to check the hdmi or vga outputs. Then i tried GTX 660m (2GB version) and for this card laptop screen and hdmi wasn't working but vga output was. But it didn't let me install any windows drivers, since i believe the card wasn't fully recognized by the laptop and windows. So all of them were incompatible to some degree, despite the same interface. In various forums some people reported that they have successfully installed HD 7970m v1.2 with a special vBios(non Enduro Clevo vBios) but i couldn't find this card locally either.

So hopefully this helps someone.

lordlunatic
New Voice
Nachricht 6 von 6
36.583 Aufrufe
Nachricht 6 von 6
36.583 Aufrufe

What might be important is, the Laptop has a BIOS while the Video Cards also have.

So both BIOS must be working together that the interoperability is guaranteed.

BIOS Updates of Laptops often also Update the Video Card Bios. ( I know this from at least 2 vendors like DELL and IBM)

So what you might try is to reinstall the latest BIOS with one of the new Cards installed.

And hopefully it might install the correct BIOS on the video board.

Regards,

André

----

Die Mächtigkeit der Menge der Exklamationsmarkierungen steht
in reziproker Relation zur intellektuellen Kapazität des Skribenten
5 ANTWORTEN 5