Medion Akoya S15446 starts up, but the screen remains black

1 REPLY 1
Rinde22
New Voice
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Medion Akoya S15446 starts up, but the screen remains black

Dear Medion Users and Mods,

I bought a Medion Akoya S15447 (MSN30027637) at the beginning of 2020 and was absolutely satisfied with the workmanship and performance. I rarely use the laptop.

This week I used the laptop again and there was a nasty surprise. I want to boot the laptop, after pressing the power button it seems like the laptop tries to boot a few times and then stops, LEDs on-off-on-off... in the end it seems to boot but the display stays black. (Laptop was connected to the network, battery level was rather low)

Since then I can start the laptop: the LEDs on the keyboard and the power button come on, the processor cooler gets warm, the fan turns on, etc.). But still no picture. Not even on a connected monitor.

So I opened up the computer and took a look. The laptop has not fallen anywhere and has not seen any liquid. No other mechanical damage is visible either. The components and cable connections are all tight and at least look OK. I replaced the CMOS battery, although I don't think it was discharged. Didn't have a multimeter handy.
No improvement even with a new battery.
I removed the battery and waited. After the next start still black screen.
Of course, I've already tried key combinations like CtrlAltDel, WinP, Fn+"Brighter", Fn+"LCD on" etc.

Maybe someone of you has tips or has (had) the same problem.
I had read that you could update the BIOS externally with a specific device and that might fix the problem. If that could help, a link with instructions/necessary components would be helpful.
But I have to say again that there was no specific driver or OS update or anything that caused the error to occur. So the computer was updated to Win11, but after that there were no problems for a long time, so I don't see any connection there.

That's it for now, the text has become long enough. I hope all the necessary information is in there.

Thanks and regards

1 REPLY 1
EastClintwood
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Hello @Rinde22, and welcome to the community.

Unfortunately, it sounds like a hardware defect if no picture can be displayed on your external screen. Please try to disconnect the individual components and reconnect them.

Please disconnect all devices connected to the computer and test whether a picture is then visible.

Regards,
EastClintwood

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
1 REPLY 1