Hanchipan
Newcomer
Bericht 1 van 1
437 Weergaven
Bericht 1 van 1
437 Weergaven

Weird issues when upgrading old Erazer x6815

Hello everyone,

I've had this old laptop for a long time, and would like to breathe some new life into it. I installed a new battery and SSD, and a fresh install of Windows 10. Unfortunately I've been running into a lot of very strange issues.

First of all, the wifi is disabled at startup, every single time I have to press Fn+F2 to re-enable it, is there any way this could happen automatically? I have checked in the bios but that seems to be very outdated (2010 version). I also cannot seem to update the bios, since the last version on the Medion support page for this laptop dates to 2018, and seems to be ONLY for Windows 8 (at least that's what the Medion page says).

Next up, the laptop doesn't seem to detect it's own built-in monitor when I restart the laptop (as in Windows -> restart computer). It works fine when I shut it down and start it up with the button. After a restart , I can resolve the black screen by connecting a second monitor and shutting it down. If I start the laptop after powering down this way, the built-in monitor works again. When booting in safe mode, or booting with the intel graphics disabled in device manager it restarts fine on the built-in monitor.

Next up, graphics drivers. I've had a lot of issues installing the drivers for the Nvidia GT 555M. When downloading them from the official Nvidia website, they are so outdated that I cannot even log into Geforce Experience, it seems like the supporting services for this version of the program are down. When downloading the drivers from the Medion support page it seems to work, but still all the issues listed previously aren't resolved.

Honestly, I have no clue. I've found a few people online with similar issues, but none of the solutions that worked for them seem to work for me. Any help is really appreciated!

Thank you,

Hanchi

0 ANTWOORDEN 0
0 ANTWOORDEN 0