cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to update BIOS on ERAZER Engineer P10, but receiving error "Unable to load driver".

SOLVED
1 REPLY 1
quantonium
Beginner
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Trying to update BIOS on ERAZER Engineer P10, but receiving error "Unable to load driver".

Hi,

I've had freezes followed by BSOD since day one after I bought my ERAZER Engineer P10 MD35035 a couple of years ago. Usually when playing games, and coincidentally, pretty bad now with a specific game (FFXI). As a side note: I've been having a lot of WHEA errors in event viewer, pointing to "Intel PEG60" found in the device manager. This is possibly related. Regardless, I came across this FAQ post https://community.medion.com/t5/FAQs/My-ERAZER-Engineer-P10-X10-freezes-sporadically-what-can-I-do/t... and thought I would give it a shot. First off, this does apply to my computer (MD35035?), right?  Second, I can't get the update to start. I receive an error, as shown in the picture.

Screenshot_1.png

I've tried unzipping the downloaded folder with both winrar and 7-zip, and tried different names and locations for the folder, both without success.

There also seems to be some talk of this on the non-english side of the forum, but I can't understand what is being said, even with google translator.

Could someone give me a hand?

Edit: msinfo32 shows bios version is 560H6W08.013 from 2021. SMBIOS version 3.3. Baseboard B560H6-EM V1.0. System SKU: ML-110000 10024044.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
quantonium
Beginner
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

I manage to find the solution on my own. The problem was that it didn't work on Windows 11.

I installed windows 10 (trial version) on a new partition of my SSD, booted windows 10, and followed the instructions with success. We'll see if it fixes the crashes, but at least this case is closed.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
quantonium
Beginner
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

I manage to find the solution on my own. The problem was that it didn't work on Windows 11.

I installed windows 10 (trial version) on a new partition of my SSD, booted windows 10, and followed the instructions with success. We'll see if it fixes the crashes, but at least this case is closed.

1 REPLY 1