Did you mean: 

Queries regarding Erazer Crawler E25

6 REPLIES 6
Weevil
New Voice
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Queries regarding Erazer Crawler E25

Hi, I just got a Medion Erazer Crawler E25 (MD 62291 MSN 30031834) Windows 11 Home, AMD 5600H, 8GB Ram, RTX 3050.

I can't seem to find any online resources for this model. Can anyone advise how to go about updating the BIOS? The boot up sequence doesn't provide an interrupt and accessing BIOS from Windows doesn't seem to have any configurable options.

Also the audio seems very poor. Is there any audio configuration software that can be downloaded to help configure the audio?  The specs say Sound Blaster Cinema 6+ but I don't see any mention of that in the device manager and when I download the Sound Blaster 6+ app from the Windows App Store I get the error message "Your audio device cannot be detected. Please connect a Sound Blaster Cinema 6+ supported device".

Also does this model support Resizable Bar and XMP?  I can't find any way to tell or amend options.

Many thanks

Weevil

Tags (3)
6 REPLIES 6
EastClintwood
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Hi @Weevil, and welcome to the community.

Please send us your BIOS version and we will check if there is a more recent version.

The sound problem can probably be solved by resetting the Creative Sound drivers to the old drivers. If that doesn't work, you should uninstall the driver of the audio device in the device manager.

Regards,
EastClintwood

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
Weevil
New Voice
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Hi thanks @EastClintwood .  Sorry for the delay reply. Was a bit busy.

The Bios version is 1.07.01RME_00002 dated 23/06/2021

and the VBios version is 94.07.2C.00.2B dated 22/03/2021

Creative Sound Blaster wasn't showing in the Device Manager so I can't wind back as suggested. I just noticed someone posted something similar on the forum about audio issues a few months ago on Sound Blaster Not Working / Audio Quality P15 Eraz... - MEDION Community (but the advice is for a P15 not a E25). I figured the model was close enough and at least worth a try so I followed the advice given there (downloaded the drivers from the two links given) and now Realtek Audio is showing in Device Manager (still no mention of Sound Blaster though). I reinstalled Sound Blaster Cinema 6+ but still getting the same "audio device cannot be detected" error message.  Is the advice given on that forum post still relevant to my model and up to date?  Is there not an area on this site for downloading up to date drivers and firmware myself?

EastClintwood
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

Hello @Weevil,

Unfortunately, your Bios version is the current one.

Possibly a reinstallation of the Control Center software can solve your problem:

MEDION Service

Greetings,
EastClintwood

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
GI_in_OZ
Beginner
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

@Weevil this may help the drivers should be the same no matter where you are for the E25.

I have an ERAZER Crawler E25 (MD 63995) A-AU
MSN: 3003 2440
NB BB CLV NH55EKQ Crawler E25 ERAZER bk

Link https://www.medion.com/au/service/product-detail/30032440

This page also has manuals in  Deutsch, English, and French.

And unfortunately no BIOS updates.

@EastClintwood can you please provide any BIOS update/s for the above E25 laptop.

Since I purchased my laptop insyde has done multiple bios updates for other devices before they went EOL.

However when it comes to the E25 they referred me back to Medion.

I contacted support via phone and email (As stated in provided documentation with laptop.) and still have never had a reply for a BOIS update or other enquiries. 

Or please post a link to the bios to assist others with this model laptop.

This would be a huge help.

Thanks in advance.

GI_in_OZ

GI_in_OZ
Beginner
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

Referring to my previous post my BIOS is newer than @Weevil's

Bios Ver 1.07.03RME_100020

KBC/EC Version 1.07.03ME1

Running 32Gb Ram 3200MHz

1TB m.2 drive

2Tb m.2 drive

4Tb SSD

Can you please provide a breakdown description of the following:

PK Options

KEK Options

DB Options

DBX Options,

as they are all signature lists what does each do as no information is supplied.

Also if there is an advanced bios menu in the E25 bios please detail how to access it.

Thank you.

GI_in_OZ.

Weevil
New Voice
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

Cool thanks for that @GI_in_OZ , the drivers from there worked and fixed the audio issues I was having 😊👍 Sound Blaster Cinema 6+ is now working and audio sounds better.

Let me know if you have any luck finding any BIOS updates or an Advanced mode.

6 REPLIES 6