P6681 - SSD UPGRADE enquiry

SOLVED
2 REPLIES 2
ceeyarel
New Voice
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

P6681 - SSD UPGRADE enquiry

So apparently, I have bought this laptop 2 years ago and I am planning to upgrade it. It seems that I could only do a STORAGE and RAM upgrade unfortunately, so I opted for a storage upgrade. At the moment, Im stuck on a low-class SEAGATE 1TB, I would like to install a SSD upgrade as I have discovered that there is a slot for a M.2 NVMe. I would like to know if any users have succesfully upgraded the storage with a SSD, if so, what SSD is recommended? (I can see it is a M.2 NVMe and not a M.2 SATA slot)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ceeyarel
New Voice
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

@mister_johnn wrote:

Hi,
I wish I could give you the right answer, but I can say that I own a Medion Erazer x7851 and it has a M.2 slot and two SATA slots. At the moment I have a Samsung mznln256hmhq-00000 (factory fitted, regular SATA M.2 SSD) in the M.2 slot and want to find out if I can fit a M.2 NVME drive instead, noticed that you said that you could see that it was and NVMe slot. Can you please let me know where this can be seen? I want to do the upgrade also, but the risk is that if the slot supports only SATA, then the NVMe drive won't be recognized. If NVMe is supported, I'll do the upgrade and let you know if it worked.
Thank you!

Sorry , its actually a M.2 slot that could fit a M.2 x 2280 ssd .. Now, it could either accept M+B/M (regardless NVMe or not) .. I actually went to pcpartpicker.com to find what could i fit into this. You should try it out aswell. Good luck

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
mister_johnn
New Voice
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Hi,
I wish I could give you the right answer, but I can say that I own a Medion Erazer x7851 and it has a M.2 slot and two SATA slots. At the moment I have a Samsung mznln256hmhq-00000 (factory fitted, regular SATA M.2 SSD) in the M.2 slot and want to find out if I can fit a M.2 NVME drive instead, noticed that you said that you could see that it was and NVMe slot. Can you please let me know where this can be seen? I want to do the upgrade also, but the risk is that if the slot supports only SATA, then the NVMe drive won't be recognized. If NVMe is supported, I'll do the upgrade and let you know if it worked.
Thank you!

ceeyarel
New Voice
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

@mister_johnn wrote:

Hi,
Thank you!

Sorry , its actually a M.2 slot that could fit a M.2 x 2280 ssd .. Now, it could either accept M+B/M (regardless NVMe or not) .. I actually went to pcpartpicker.com to find what could i fit into this. You should try it out aswell. Good luck

2 REPLIES 2