Did you mean: 

MEDION ERAZER X17803 (MD 61441) UK Wifi Disconnects Randomly

1 REPLY 1
acharris_77
Beginner
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

MEDION ERAZER X17803 (MD 61441) UK Wifi Disconnects Randomly

Hi all, I need some advice. I have noticed that my Medion Erazer X17803 (MD 61441) is randomly disconnecting from the WIFI. Every few minutes the BT Smart Hub 2 Router log is showing DHCP address has disconnected, Deauthentications then shows it reconnects again and it does it quite often. If playing a game online it disconnects eventually from the server as the wifi drops. 

I don't think it is as bad on battery as it is on mains, but I do notice that the icon from the shortcut to adjust the brightness of the keyboard backlight is flashing on and off on the top left of the screen after an hour or 2 of gaming. I have altered all the power settings so that it don't switch of the WiFI to save power and also disabled bluetooth. Have updated to the latest Intel Wifi Driver and all other drivers. I can't find a BIOS update on Medion's site for this laptop.

It is about a year old and is an annoying problem. I don't know if the issue is the BT router or the laptop. My other wifi devices like my Samsung phone or consoles never disconnect randomly from the router, only the Medion Laptop. Don't know if this is a issue with the Erazer range of laptops, or just a faulty laptop. It is very annoying and other than a re-format I don't know what else to do. Ethernet cable if fine FYI and never disconnects. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Anthony

1 REPLY 1
sweetpoison
Mentor
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Hello @acharris_77  and welcome to the forum. 

Before starting the investigations do some simple check. In device manager see the wi-fi adaptor and make sure there is no power saving plan.

Example (although i'm sure there is not same wi-fi card)

Other than that, if you have administrator access to BT router you can try to see if is any power save set there as well. I'm just saying this because I did had lots of problems with BT routers in this settings area. 

WI-FI stability test can be run with a big download on Steam as that client have a graphic display of downloading progress.  Still, I suspect a power save issue.

Connection loss could occur as a result of power management plan (on wi-fi card or/and router) while low or no traffic.

Cheers.

1 REPLY 1