cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to update ec firmware of erazer mayor x20?

SOLVED
1 REPLY 1
valleron2009
New Voice
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

How to update ec firmware of erazer mayor x20?

Hello I found a link in a post in this community with a link to an updated bios and ec firmware but only in the bios folder there is an executable flash utility and opening it it flashed bios successfuly.How I proceed to flash ec firmware ?there are 3 files in the folder with a 700 file with the biggest filesize I have mayor x20 with rtx 4070.Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
valleron2009
New Voice
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

never mind found it.For anyone interested i managed to update with  EFI Shell for USB.  

instructions 

1. Prepare USB thumb drive, formatted with with FAT32.
2. Unzip content of EFI Shell into the root of the thumb drive.
3. Unzip content of EC and/or BIOS updates into your thumb drive (creating subfolders is OK).
4. Make sure system is ‘plugged in’ with external power.
5. Reboot and disable ‘Secure Boot’ in BIOS Setup (press F2 to enter BIOS Setup).
6. Boot from USB thumb drive (press F7 to select boot media during reboot).
7. Navigate folder structure in EFI shell and run .NSH files to execute the update.
8. Wait for the update to complete. Do not manually shutdown or reboot the system during the update!
9. If your update consist of multiple parts (multiple ZIP files or subfolders), run the updates one after another.
10. When update is complete, reboot and enter BIOS Setup.
11. In the “Exit” menu, select “Load Defaults” (or “Optimized Defaults” or similar).
12. Finally, finish by selecting “Save & Exit” (or “Save & Reset” or similar).
More detailed instructions / Step 1: Prepare the USB thumb driv

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
valleron2009
New Voice
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

never mind found it.For anyone interested i managed to update with  EFI Shell for USB.  

instructions 

1. Prepare USB thumb drive, formatted with with FAT32.
2. Unzip content of EFI Shell into the root of the thumb drive.
3. Unzip content of EC and/or BIOS updates into your thumb drive (creating subfolders is OK).
4. Make sure system is ‘plugged in’ with external power.
5. Reboot and disable ‘Secure Boot’ in BIOS Setup (press F2 to enter BIOS Setup).
6. Boot from USB thumb drive (press F7 to select boot media during reboot).
7. Navigate folder structure in EFI shell and run .NSH files to execute the update.
8. Wait for the update to complete. Do not manually shutdown or reboot the system during the update!
9. If your update consist of multiple parts (multiple ZIP files or subfolders), run the updates one after another.
10. When update is complete, reboot and enter BIOS Setup.
11. In the “Exit” menu, select “Load Defaults” (or “Optimized Defaults” or similar).
12. Finally, finish by selecting “Save & Exit” (or “Save & Reset” or similar).
More detailed instructions / Step 1: Prepare the USB thumb driv

1 REPLY 1