Did you mean: 

Erazer Deputy P10 CPU temperatures

12 REPLIES 12
Arameus90
New Voice
Message 1 of 13
Message 1 of 13

Erazer Deputy P10 CPU temperatures

Hey ! I have bought a brand new Erazer Deputy P10 a few days ago (i5-10300H, 16GB ram, RTX2060) and when I play Battlefield 5 multiplayer (on medium graphics btw) the processor becoming extremely hot in a couple of minutes, that the game is being absolutely unplayable because of the constant drops in the fps. Fraps shows a stable ~110fps, then it suddenly drops to 15fps for a 1-2secounds, then back to 100, and so on. In a 30 minutes game, even the battery starts draining down while it is connected to the power. I had a look on the sensors with the HWInfo, and I found some horrible numbers, the CPU reaches very high temperatures during normal tasks (downloading, windows update, etc..) as well. I think it's not normal. I'm using my laptop on a simple hard wooden desk, in a room where temperature is kind of cool (18 degrees Celsius) so it shouldn't be an issue. Also my previous HP Omen 15 from 2017 was used in the same conditions and I did not have any temperature or power issues with it, even with these high-demanding games. Who should I contact about this? I've attached some screenshots. start.jpggaming1.jpg

12 REPLIES 12
Indy89
New Voice
Message 11 of 13
Message 11 of 13

Hi, 

Just to update the store agreed and deemed the unit faulty. As I was within the 30 period they offered refund or replace so went with refund. 

Ordered a different laptop now as little confidence in these models. Slight shame as the specs and build initially seem pretty good for the money. 

Hope yours is all working ok now since being back with Medion. 

Cheers. 

Bindlestiff
Beginner
Message 12 of 13
Message 12 of 13

I've just posted almost identical issues, but unlike yourself I've been living with this for a few months now so it is unlikely that the retailer will be interested in taking this back. I was hoping to try to help things but undervolting both the CPU and GPU, but these are even locked out.

It seems like a fantastic machine that is plagued by poor thermals and gimped access to do anything about it.

Indy89
New Voice
Message 13 of 13
Message 13 of 13

There is definitely some kind of thermal issue with these machines. I don't know if anyone who has returned to Medion have received machines back that work as they should. I had a feeling the issue could be from them mis-applying thermal paste or poor mounting of the cooler but really didn't want to dig into it that far. Nor should you have to on a new machine. I do know one thing though the screws over the CPU portion of the cooler were not tightened up enough however this didn't cure the issue but did help a little. 

It's quite true that there is a severe lack of BIOS options but sadly Intel are to blame for the lack of undervolting being available due to the Plundervolt vulnerability. It's no longer an option on any Intel chip from 6th gen to current. 

12 REPLIES 12