Did you mean: 

Ram Issues

4 REPLIES 4
Planeman653
Trainee
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Ram Issues

After a ram upgrade, my pc boots up like normal but when it reaches the windows screen it says that it ran into a problem and needs to restart with the acpi bios error message. it then boots again and says it is doing automatic repairs before giving me the Error Code 0xc00000e9. I need to take out 2 of the 4 sticks i installed for my system to work.

4 REPLIES 4
EastClintwood
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Hello @Planeman653, and welcome to the community.

Please share some data about your Pc with us: MSN of the PC, which Windows version is installed and which parts have been upgraded / switched.

With this Info we can probably help you out.

Greetings,
EastClintwood

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
Planeman653
Trainee
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Hi EastClintwood,

The msn is 1001 3596, It is running windows 10, 32 bit and i have upgraded the ram to 8 gb(replaced the 2 ram sticks but was hoping to add all 4 sticks i purchanded), I have also upgraded the gpu to a k2200 and added an ssd. Thanks for the help! 

EastClintwood
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Hello @Planeman653,

The problem may be due to several reasons:

If the problem occurs only after replacing a specific hardware component it is possible that the settings / drivers are not compatible with the rest of the system.

There are several troubleshooting steps to fix this problem, including:
- Boot into Safe Mode and check Windows for errors.
- Perform a Windows startup repair.
- Check the PC for malware or other issues.
You can also contact Microsoft Support for further guidance, or try reinstalling Windows® 10 by following the steps below:
Note: Be sure to back up all data on your computer before reinstalling.
Go to the Download Windows® 10 page. 2.
Click Download Tool Now. 3.
Once the tool has finished downloading, click Expand. Use the Create Installation Media tool (USB flash drive, DVD, or ISO file) to install Windows® 10 on another PC and follow the instructions.
If all the above steps do not solve the problem, try some swap tests with the motherboard or other hardware.

Windows® 10 Failed to Boot with Error Code 0xc00000e9 on... (intel.com)

Greetings,
EastClintwood

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
Planeman653
Trainee
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Hi EastClintwood,

before i respond to your message i would like to say the results of my tests. All 4 ram sticks were tested in pairs and all they made the system boot up. all 4 slots were tested as active slots so they all were capable of booting the machine. Now back to the response. I can't boot into safe mode or Windows startup repair right now because i am in the windows boot manager with looks like this:Image . I'm pretty sure that my pc has no other issues/malware as it can boot form 8gb of ram(2 sticks). I am also unable to install windows fresh because when i try to access the boot menu to change the boot priority, the screen just freezes. The screen is just frozen at the Medion screen. I Pressed f8 as instructed by the screen(Press f8 to run boot menu.)

Chain of events:

Screenshot 2023-04-19 at 7.51.55 am.png

4 REPLIES 4