cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC MEDION AKOYA E4110 DR / F290 ML REF Faulty Front Switch?

6 REPLIES 6
Raymond-Peck
New Voice
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

PC MEDION AKOYA E4110 DR / F290 ML REF Faulty Front Switch?

I have the above computer and when i turned it on on the front panel switch it would sometimes stay on, or a couple of seconds later power down, this kept doing this until eventualy it would not start at all. My local PC repair shop advised that the Power Supply Unit was faulty, due to their high charge for a new PSU I obtained a new one via. ebay, New and in a Medion Box.The shopfitted it but said they could not offer a warranty on the repair as I had supplied the part. When I got it back it worked fine for a month, now it has started to do the same agian Contacted the supplier of PSU and they advised bridging two contacts on the 14 way pin connectot to see if the power supply runs, I have done this on the original PSU and the fan runs OK. I now wonder if the front switch is faulty or does that switch just operate something on another board in the PC, can anyone offer advice. Many Thanks Ray

6 REPLIES 6
EastClintwood
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Hello @Raymond-Peck, and welcome to the community.

It may be that the connection of the front switch has loosened and therefore the switch no longer works. Please test if after disconnecting and reconnecting the connections the switch works normally again.

In order to do a more accurate troubleshooting, the device would have to be sent in to our Service Center.

Greetings,
EastClintwood

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
Raymond-Peck
New Voice
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Thank you for your reply, when the switch is opereated does it make a contact and stay on - like a kight switch - or does it send a signal to the computer to turn on

If I have to return it for service any idea how much this would cost?

Thanks

Ray

EastClintwood
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

Hello @Raymond-Peck,

Please contact our MEDION Service if you would like to send the unit to one of our service centres - a cost estimate can also be carried out before the repair.

Regards,
EastClintwood

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
daddle
Superuser
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

@Raymond-Peck

Hi,

is this your PC? Please check the MSN 10019140 and  MD number 8239

--> https://www.medion.com/de/service/product-detail/10019140

If you have a switch ión the back at the PSU, this switch works like a light switch; it connects the PSU to the wall outlet voltage by switching it constantly on.

In the front of the PC is a on/off switch. This one gives a short impulse only, which resets the proc to active or on, and starts the basic routines of the Bios.

If this switch is faulty and gives a continous self repeating signal, its  like pressing the switch for 4 to 5 sec, to switch the proc and thus the PC off.

If the switch is in this way bouncing (we call it in german "prellen") or hooks in closed state, next impulse will switch the PC on again.

This can go on for ever if the switch bounces or sticks all the time.

Cheers, daddle

Raymond-Peck
New Voice
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

Hi there

yes that is my PC as I said it is the switch on the front I am concerened with, It is an intermittent fault, at the moment it is working Ok apart from the ocasional blip.

I am going to clean the computer of dust to see if this makles a difference, if that makes no difference will replace switch with another sort, unless I can get one from Medion.

My other concern is that the Processor may be faulty.

Oh for the days of relays LOL

Thanks for the information 

Ray

Raymond-Peck
New Voice
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

Hi There

at the moment seems to be working ok, but wanted to try and purchase new switch, contacted Medion Support and they said they do not have a spare switch and as the machine is 8 years old they only hold spares for 3 years.

The advisor said to contact a third party to try and obtain this, I have had no luck with this, she also said to return it to service centre, but if they do not ho;d spares how can they fix it.

Can you advise of anywhere that would hold this in stock, the other alternative would be to fix some sort of push switch but then do not know which two wires are the switch/light

PS Had the same problem with the Power Supply Unit, I had to get it sent from Germany.

PC Medion Akoya P5336H/B553 EU

Many Thanks

Ray

6 REPLIES 6