Did you mean: 

Lets talk about x40

14 REPLIES 14
Sarria
Apprentice
Message 1 of 15
Message 1 of 15

Lets talk about x40

HI. I have an x40 with 4080rtx graphic card. Last 2 month i update the bios to  1.18 EX 0.27 and at that time i believed the game runs ok. But, my laptop got fixed with some issues like freeze, white screen and now i have some graphics issues on Diablo4 and THE LAST OF US part1 on full ULTRA  and MEDIUM settings (both seams the same). Its not an windows problem because i reinstaled several times or rtx drivers. Is there are new bios update or anytime soon. This 3k euro laptop i feel like is going to die. 😞

Update: Sunday 10:05

• I just got an WHITE SCREEN. this is really sad.
Tags (1)
14 REPLIES 14
daddle
Superuser
Message 2 of 15
Message 2 of 15

@Sarria 

You did read this thread?

-- > https://community.medion.com/t5/ERAZER-Gaming/Where-to-find-an-updated-bios-for-the-Erazer-X40-4090/...

You should ask @r3nfolly how he did manage  to flash the XMG Bios V.1.21 and EC-1.09

Cheers daddle

Sarria
Apprentice
Message 3 of 15
Message 3 of 15

I have a medion not an XMG. I dont see the connections here. I miss something ?

Seams like there is a big connection between MEDION and XMG. Sorry for the early comment @daddle 

daddle
Superuser
Message 4 of 15
Message 4 of 15

@Sarria 

I know. But it looks as if in the other thread @Tijgert got his X 40 updated with a XMG Bios??

--> https://community.medion.com/t5/ERAZER-Gaming/Where-to-find-an-updated-bios-for-the-Erazer-X40-4090/...

It's just a hint. More I cannot say to this subject.

I thought so far that the X40 has a Tongfang mainboard

How old is your X40? I gues You still have guarantee.

daddle

Sarria
Apprentice
Message 5 of 15
Message 5 of 15

My laptop is just few months old and already got problems. For example they had to change my display because 30% of horizontal screen was full with white lines if you understand what I'm talking about. I think a did a big mistake to buy this laptop from this company 😞 Anyway, I'm going to fallow the forum community maybe somehow someone will try to help me. 

Thank you for the tips.

daddle
Superuser
Message 6 of 15
Message 6 of 15

@Sarria 

Which country do you live in? I ask for Guarantee reasons

With a 3 k Laptop I wouldn't wait until it breaks down completely, but has it send in as often , until it works fine. Or you get an exchange.

But it is up to you. of cpurse.

Cheers, daddle

Sarria
Apprentice
Message 7 of 15
Message 7 of 15

I finally managed to update the BIOS version from 1.18 to 1.20 with EC 1.08. It work for me (beast x40 4080RTX , i9 13gen.) 

• Before you jump to update your BIOS start investigating if its for your machine.
  • https://cdn.medion.com/downloads/software/00_Bios_Beast_X40.zip BIOS 1.20 EC 1.08 
  • Inside of the folders 00_Bios_Beast_X40\BIOS\GM7PX8N_9N\FlashUtil\FirmwareUpdate you will see a TEXT file called OemFirmwareUpdateSOP read it patiently.

To be honest i see a major improve on what I'm watching on my display, Its so crystal clear. 

daddle
Superuser
Message 8 of 15
Message 8 of 15

@Sarria 

Glad you managed at last. How come?

Since when V1.20 is available?

daddle

Sarria
Apprentice
Message 9 of 15
Message 9 of 15

@daddle 

I have it from  @Major_ToM . He send it to me last month 7.7.2023 exactly, but he told me to upgrade the BIOS via device manager, but the system didn't  upgrade it because he sow the current bios as latest version 1.18. Maybe the developers didn't told to @Major_ToM how i need to upgrade the BIOS. 

Anyway, I'm testing the current version 1.20 by playing some games. I will come back in few days with the update info. 

Cheers.

daddle
Superuser
Message 10 of 15
Message 10 of 15

@Sarria 

@Sarria  schrieb:

• Before you jump to update your BIOS start investigating if its for your machine.
  • https://cdn.medion.com/downloads/software/00_Bios_Beast_X40.zip BIOS 1.20 EC 1.08 
  • Inside of the folders 00_Bios_Beast_X40\BIOS\GM7PX8N_9N\FlashUtil\FirmwareUpdate you will see a TEXT file called OemFirmwareUpdateSOP read it patiently.

I followed the Dl Link, and unpacked the zip. But there is no folder 

• 00_Bios_Beast_X40\BIOS\GM7PX8N_9N\FlashUtil\FirmwareUpdate with a TEXT file called OemFirmwareUpdateSOP

???

daddle

Edit:

This post coincided with your post.

I checked M-Toms Dl-Link here

--> https://community.medion.com/t5/ERAZER-Gaming/Erazer-X40-Issues-Freezing-and-Crushing-when-gaming/m-...

And he says the Text file called "OemFirmwareUpdateSOP"  is in the Path BIOS\GM7PX8N_9N\FlashUtil\FirmwareUpdate  on the computer. So this you must have missed before. And I still wonder anbout your thread , if you hav the solutíon ( Bios 1.20) since 5 weeks already hosted on your Beast!  😃 😉

14 REPLIES 14