Did you mean: 

Spotify Connect stopped working on MEDION® LIFE P85135 WiFi DAB+ Internet Radio

1 REPLY 1
Martyn
Beginner
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Spotify Connect stopped working on MEDION® LIFE P85135 WiFi DAB+ Internet Radio

Since 1 week, Spotify Connect no longer works on my P85135 Medion internet radio.

As soon as I connect Spotify to the radio from my phone or via Spotify in the web browser, the music starts playing. After about a minute / 90 seconds the radio crashes and restarts showing the Medion logo/boot screen.

I have tried the following
* Updated he Android Spotify & Medion app to the latest version
* Connected to the radio using the Spotify app on my Android phone as well as via the Spotify Web Player
* Reset the radio to factory settings, restarted & unplugged it.
* Rebooted router, computer & phone
* Tried it with a different radio. A family member has the same radio and experiences the same problem.

None of the above has solved the problem. I made a video of the problem which I can provide if necessary. I contacted Medion support, but they're not willing to assist me as the radio is out of warranty. To me it seem this can simply be fixed by a firmware update. I saw the same problem reported in the Dutch forum. 

Any ideas on how to fix this and can we still expect a firmware update for this? 

1 REPLY 1
JacobP
Apprentice
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Hi there @Martyn ,

Having a look on the Spotify forums and can see that around mid September 2023 many other people are reporting issues with Spotify connect not working on their alternative radio devices.

Seems to be an issue related to the recent version of Spotify released. I'll leave a link to the forum below.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Other-Podcasts-Partners-etc/Numan-one-Internetradio-Crashes-maybe-w...

1 REPLY 1