Did you mean: 

cant find 105gb in my C: drive

6 REPLIES 6
ladicker1
Beginner
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

cant find 105gb in my C: drive

I got a 237gb SSD on my laptop, and the only drive I got. I calculated all folders with their gb size and came up with a sum of 101gb. But it says that I only have 10 gb left. Where is everything else that takes up A WHOLE 126GB!?!?!?!?

gb whatsapp

6 REPLIES 6
daddle
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

@ladicker1 

Hi ladicker, you should at least specify which PC you are speaking about. Please name the Brand, Model, the MSN number (it has 8 digits) and the MD number. On Medion Pcs or Laptops they are printed on a label on the bottom, or underneath the pc casing.

To properly check your disk setup you should post a screenshot from diskmanagement.

daddle

Jeevika
Newcomer
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

The 105GB of storage on your C: disk can be used up by system files or hidden files if you are unable to locate them. Consider utilizing disk cleanup tools or deleting pointless apps to find and free up space. To keep a system operating properly, good disk space management is crucial.

daddle
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

@angela72 @Jeevika 

Both of you are referring to a  Post 1 1/2 old, and @ladicker1  didn''t even answer to my first reply from April 2022.

Second there are no hidden space consuming files on a C-Drive. In diskmanagement you find both , the size of your disk  plus the used amount of space.

daddle

daddle
Superuser
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

@luis35

Nonsense.  Do read my post No. 4 And you can check the amount of space utilized in  diskmanagement.

daddle

Luke
Community Manager
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

Hi @daddle,

User #luis35 has been identified as Sleeper, post moved to internal.

Thx anyway,

Luke

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
amanda12
Sleeper
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

Locating missing storage on your C: drive can be like a digital treasure hunt. Check for large files, clear temporary files, and run disk cleanup. Utilize tools like WinDirStat for a visual breakdown. Reclaim that space and keep your system sailing smoothly.

6 REPLIES 6