SOLVED
4 REPLIES 4
paulmaindivide
Apprentice
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

I want to install Windows from a USB but I can't find the installation file

Hello everyone

I just bought a medion erazer deputy P40 without OS. I want to install Windows 11 on it, for which I have a licence. So I downloaded the "Create Windows 11 Installation Media" from Microsoft website, put it into a USB flashdrive, plugged it, but the Microsoft file can't be founded. The system regnonizes the USB flashdrive, the folders, in it, but not the file. Can you help me on this ? Many thanks.

I have founded this tutorial that showed how to prioritize the boot, and put USB first, but I don't have the feature on my BIOS version. Cf screenshots. WhatsApp Image 2023-09-30 at 19.07.27 (1).jpegWhatsApp Image 2023-09-30 at 19.07.27.jpeg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
daddle
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

@paulmaindivide 

@paulmaindivide  schrieb:

So I downloaded the "Create Windows 11 Installation Media" from Microsoft website, put it into a USB flashdrive, plugged it, but the Microsoft file can't be founded.

Hello Paul, I think you did misunderstood the whole thing. The PC boots into UEFI, because there is no medium with an operating system. And to put  the Media Creation Tool file onto the stick doesn't make it bootable.

To create a bootable  USB Sick containing the Microsoft  OS,, you must add an empty USB stick to a USB port on another PC,, and then start the "Media Creation Tool" with a double click on  that PC.

The program itself then downloads  the  Windows Iso from Microsoft and puts it on the stick, which must have a minimum of 8 GB.

Then put the stick in an USB port on your new PC, and start the machine. Then the PC will boot from the stick, because it's the only medium with an operating system.

If not you can start your PC with the F10 key pressed (some systems have an other key, eg. F8, or others) to start the isolated  boot menu. 

Actually you do not have to press any key, because there is no other bootable medium available except the Microsoft stick.

Bye, daddle

Edit:

Look here as well.

--> https://community.medion.com/t5/FAQs/How-do-I-create-Windows-installation-media/ta-p/133764

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
daddle
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

@paulmaindivide 

@paulmaindivide  schrieb:

So I downloaded the "Create Windows 11 Installation Media" from Microsoft website, put it into a USB flashdrive, plugged it, but the Microsoft file can't be founded.

Hello Paul, I think you did misunderstood the whole thing. The PC boots into UEFI, because there is no medium with an operating system. And to put  the Media Creation Tool file onto the stick doesn't make it bootable.

To create a bootable  USB Sick containing the Microsoft  OS,, you must add an empty USB stick to a USB port on another PC,, and then start the "Media Creation Tool" with a double click on  that PC.

The program itself then downloads  the  Windows Iso from Microsoft and puts it on the stick, which must have a minimum of 8 GB.

Then put the stick in an USB port on your new PC, and start the machine. Then the PC will boot from the stick, because it's the only medium with an operating system.

If not you can start your PC with the F10 key pressed (some systems have an other key, eg. F8, or others) to start the isolated  boot menu. 

Actually you do not have to press any key, because there is no other bootable medium available except the Microsoft stick.

Bye, daddle

Edit:

Look here as well.

--> https://community.medion.com/t5/FAQs/How-do-I-create-Windows-installation-media/ta-p/133764

Fishtown
Superuser
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Hello @paulmaindivide  and welcome

at the "boot >uefi setting /network stock" are you wrong.
look under the "boot manager" (pages 5-7) to see if the stick appears there. If not, see “boot option menu” (page 5-21) to see if it is read there and says “enabled”. you should be able to find and boot the USB stick from "boot from file" (pages 5-8). You have an insyde bios on your barebone clevo V155RNDQ. Here is a clevo user manual with the same insyde bios (page5-1/5-23)

https://www.e-weekly.co.uk/download/rnd/drivers/clevo/npxxpnp/manual.pdf

bye Fishtown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.
daddle
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

@Arroyo  

This thread was solved already. Read Post 2. 

daddle

daddle
Superuser
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

@vinetouch 

This thread from 09/23 was solved already in post 2.

You are the second who comes about 4 month late.

Second the USB stick was prepared the wrong way. If you had read post 1 properly, you could see he just did put the "Create Media InstallationTool" file onto the stick, but didn't use the tool to download the Windows installation files and prepare  the USB stick.

So of course there were no Windows Installation files on a bootable stick to start the installation.

I hope this clears up every misunderstanding which  happened because you didn't read the OP (post 1) properly.

Thats what happening if newcomers are getting missionary! 😉

daddle

4 REPLIES 4