cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My notebook keyboard writes some characters twice, what can I do?

Symptoms

Unfortunately, your notebook model is affected by a software problem in the processing of keyboard strokes. The error manifests itself in the fact that every 10 - 20 keystrokes registered characters are passed on twice or appear as "doubled" letters in the text.

Diagnosis

The reason for this is a necessary Microsoft security update for Windows 10, which should not be uninstalled, in connection with the Intel® HID event driver version: 2.2.1.384. There is no hardware fault on your notebook, so it is not necessary to send it in for repair.

Solution

In the current situation, the error can be reliably remedied by:

• Downgrading the Intel® HID event driver to version 2.2.1.383
  • and upgrading the Hinge Angle Service to version 1.1.1.5.

This link is available for the installation of these drivers:

Windows 10
After unpacking the download, run the file C:\Medion\CNB-Workaround\DRV_Update.cmd.

Windows 11

After unpacking the download, run the file C:\Medion\CNB-Workaround\DRV_Update.cmd.

Now open the Device Manager and select the entry Intel(R)HID Event Filter under the branch Human Interface Devices.

Right-click on it and select Update Driver from the context menu.
Search for driver software on the computer
Select from a list of available drivers on my computer.
Under Show Compatible Hardware, select Intel(R)... Version 2.2.1.383 and click Next.

Windows will now install the driver.

Windows S-Mode

Since a number of the affected notebooks were delivered in Windows S-Mode, it is possible that customers are still using S-Mode. In this case, the workaround from the download cannot be used without further ado; the following additional steps must be carried out:

After downloading and unpacking, the Windows settings are called up.

Choose:

• Update and Security / Recovery/ Advanced startup (Restart now)
  • Troubleshoot / Advanced options / Startup Settings (Restart)
  • During the restart, select the item 7 Disable force driver signature in the selection of start-up settings.

Now the CMD file can be executed after booting.
After the normal restart, Windows S-Mode is active again.

Version history
Last update:
‎17.01.2024 07:20
Updated by:
Labels (1)
Contributors