cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MEDION Erazer Beast X30 17.3" Charger/Charging slot faulty?

10 REPLIES 10
joel-b77
Beginner
Message 1 of 11
Message 1 of 11

MEDION Erazer Beast X30 17.3" Charger/Charging slot faulty?

Hi,

So originally I bought this laptop around 2 months ago and I had the charger plugged into the laptop overnight into an extension lead. It caused the fuse to trip in the house with certain sockets now being turned off which I had to flip back on the fuse box. I then tried to recharge the laptop with the same charger and it would no longer work. Assuming something had broke in the charger I ordered a new one off of this site (Power supply with 330 watts for XMG NEO 17 (M22) and others | bestware) as it is identical to the charger that I was provided with a new adapter (Stromkabel C14 | UK | bestware) to go with it. I bought from this site as when I searched for a medion replacement, there were none on your sites for the Beast X30. The same thing then happened again with that new charger in a extension lead and fuse box so I looked up this issue and the general consensus was this charger was too powerful for an extension lead so it should be plugged straight into the wall at all times. 

So I bought the same charger again (same site) and it arrived yesterday, I have only had it plugged into the wall when while using the laptop while plugged in the charger randomly stopped working, no fuse was tripped this time, the socket still works perfectly fine with other chargers but my charger will now not work in any socket.

This is so frustrating after spending an initial around ~£2000 on this laptop from currys to then an extra £250 on chargers just for it to not work properly. I am so ready to just give up on this laptop as I have no idea how to resolve this issue and I do not feel like spending another £130 on a charger just for it to randomly stop working the next day. I have looked online to see if any other people have had similar issue's but so far it doesn't seem like it for this specific laptop.

Any help is appreciated.

10 REPLIES 10
Mikebeto
Newcomer
Message 11 of 11
Message 11 of 11

Hi guys all these comments are quite interesting. Thank you all.

My medion erazer beast x30 electric adapter charger tonight just died. Bought the laptop in november 2022 and it worked fine until today.

Made the electric box trip and then I saw the laptop was not chargin anymore. Tried different plug and did not work, tried the cable to the adaptor in a different adaptor and worked. So it is the adaptor I suspect...

My laptop seems fine but I won't be able to confirm that is 100% until I can connect it back to a healthy charger.

This seems to be a real issue with so many of us having this problem. I don't like the idea this could be repeating every few months...

Any of you that got it fixed has any news?

Thanks a lot.

Mike 

10 REPLIES 10