Medion Erazer Recon P20 RAM and SSD

3 REPLIES 3
plutissimo
Beginner
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Medion Erazer Recon P20 RAM and SSD

Hi,

I have bought a Medion Erazer Recon P20 MD35348 and would like to upgrade the RAM and add an SSD. I have read plenty of threads in this community and from what I understand you have to be very careful to buy something that is compatible. However, I cannot seem to find information about exactly what is compatible. Can anyone please help with what the requirements are?

Stock configuration as I understand it:

- Intel B660 chipset

- 8 GB DDR4 PC3200 RAM

- 512 GB SSD M.2

- MSN: 10024815

I would primarily like to buy another 8GB RAM module that matches the existing in the spec, but if that doesn't work two new RAM modules that are compatible with the motherboard. 

Thanks!

Tags (4)
3 REPLIES 3
daddle
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

@plutissimo 

I think your idea to buy a second 8 GB RAM modul with the same specs, preferably even made by the same manufacturer is a good idea. If you can not get a modul from the same producer, as long as the specs are the same, you can buy from an other manufacturer  and give it a try. (check the label on the orig.modul)

But you should check with the little tool CPU-Z if the moduls work in dual channel mode. If not you have to buy a  set of paired moduls.

There is one other M.2 Slot available, but for SATA M.2 SSDs only.

Your boot device is a 512 GB M.2 PCIe SSD already.

But you also could add instead of a M.2  SSD a 2,5" Laptop SATA SSD. There are 

3 free SATA ports onboard.

Cheers, daddle

plutissimo
Beginner
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Thank you @daddle .

I haven't booted up the computer yet, as I want to make sure it is upgradeable before I do.

The RAM is a Hynix HMA81GU6DJR8N-XN. This matches:

https://memory.net/product/hma81gu6djr8n-xn-sk-hynix-1x-8gb-ddr4-3200-udimm-pc4-25600u-single-rank-x...

Apart from seeing that it is a quite slow CL22 memory, is there something in the spec that shows if the module works in dual channel mode?

And what specs need to match if i buy a second one? It does not seem that the one inside is readily available.

Thx, plutissimo

daddle
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

@plutissimo

@plutissimo  schrieb:

Thank you @daddle .

I haven't booted up the computer yet, as I want to make sure it is upgradeable before I do.

No need to wait ; it doesn't make a difference, if you boot the first time or not. And it is upgradable.

To compare the RAM those specs in this number (Hynix HMA81GU6DJR8N-XN) shows the organization of the modul.Your choice is ok.

I gave you the link for CPU-Z . This tool shows all the specs, also if the 2 Ram moduls are  running in dual mode.

daddle

3 REPLIES 3